The Confession

y/n pov:

It was just before the last game. Everyone was in the dining hall eating breakfast.

I had sat down with the Karasuno boys this time because today, Aoba Johsai was our enemy.

The hall was full of mumbles and whispers as everyone was feeling nervous. Even the loud bunch had kept quiet, eating quickly instead.

"Okay guys, let's get changed and go warm up!" Daichi announced, rising from his seat. The boys nodded, rising to their feet and following behind him. I was last to my feet, as well as Kageyama.

We both looked at each other awkwardly before being interrupted by a presence behind us. I turned to see Oikawa grinning ear to ear.

"Hey wassup besties." He said, placing his arms around our necks.

"I'm not your friend." Kageyama said, brushing his arm off.

"Geeze, is someone in a bad mood. Scared you are going to loose?" He teased.

"Nope, not at all." He replied, crossing his arms and rising his chin in the air.

"Well let's make you scared then," Oikawa smiled, wrapping his arms around my shoulder and waist, "If I win, I get to take y/n on a date."

Kageyama immediately turned toward Oikawa, rage filling his eyes. It then turned to a smile before he spoke, "you're just giving me another reason to beat your ass." He grinned.

"Let the best man win, make sure your teammates can keep up with you. Wouldn't want the king to fall again" He teased again. "Hmm, 7' o'clock next friday sound good?" Oikawa winked at me.

The two then turned their backs on each other before leaving. Kageyamas hands turned into a tight fist, steam practically coming out of his ears. He than stormed off towards his room.

I've never seen Kageyama so tense before, is he really that irritated? Whatever, I could care less about the out come of this game. Which ever way is a win for me. Even though Oikawa doesn't fit my ideal guy. He is wayyyyy to popular with the ladies, and too much to handle. I pondered, making my way towards the gym.

-time skip-

Kageyama pov:

We lost. I can't believe we lost. I could have done so much better. I have no excuses for my poor performance. No, nobody could keep up with me. Stop thinking that way you idiot! I say, hitting the top of my own head.

I sat their stuffing food into my mouth as tears started to weld in my eyes. I never want to loose again. Especially not to Oikawa and Aoba Johsai.

When I finally got home, I continued to cry. I don't know why I was so upset, but this lost just hit different. Everything felt as if it had just crushed down on me.

A thought than crossed my mind. Y/n. I have to make sure she isn't actually going on that date.

I grabbed my phone and texted Hinata as quick as I could.

-hinata boke🙄-

Kageyama: hey send me y/n email please
Hinata boke🙄: sure, wait why don't yell at her again😔
Kageyama: i'm not just send it
Hinata Boke sent contact: y/n😄😜

I don't think I have ever typed so fast in my life. I had emailed y/n, asking for her number so I could call her. She answered quickly and gave it to me, and I immediately called.

"Yes?" She answered.
"Forgive me please." I stuttered.
"No." She mumbled.
"At least hear me out? Just for a few minutes." I begged.
"You have until 10:30, 5 minutes. I hope you can talk fast." She snapped, clearly annoyed.
"Okay, okay. I want to um apologize for how I.. I well.. acted against you. I know, I know, it's a dumb excuse, but I just don't want you... around that guy." I said, stumbling over my words.
"Is that it?" She replied.
I paused before responding, "No. Y/n, well I-" my words stopped as she started to speak.
"I'm sorry, i'm getting another call. We can talk tomorrow. Meet me at the vending machine half way through first period." She spoke, the words flying out of her mouth.

Before I could even get a response in, she hung up. I placed me phone down onto my bedside table and placed my hands on my face. I was so tired and so upset. Everything seemed to go wrong today. I sighed before rolling on my side, pulling my covers over my shoulder. I than closed my eyes, drifting into a deep sleep.

Y/n pov:

I leaned against the tall vending machine, sipping on a milk. (lactose intolerant gang ;P) My feet crossed, and my wallet dangling from my fingers. My eyes rose up to see Kageyama making his way over. I looked him up and down, stopping at his face. He looked nervous, and full of words.

Kageyama pov:

There she goes again, being all observant and stuff. She was always so good at using her eyes. They never stayed still, dashing from item to item. Those beautiful e/c eyes of hers. I'm falling for her again. I don't know why, but I am. I thought.

"Cough the rest of your words up now." She groaned, sipping her milk.

I nodded before playing with the strap of my bag. "Well I had apologized, but I don't regret what I said. Oikawa isn't the right guy for you. You clearly know how he isn't, so why go after him? And before you say anything, i'm trying to protect you." I spoke out, as quickly as I could.

"I know." She mumbled, knowing I was right. "It doesn't give you the right to grab me like that though!" She said, taking a step closer to me. Than before I knew it, her hand was gripped around the collar of my shirt and I was against the wall.

"Don't you EVER do that again. If you do that again, i'll make sure I go for Oikawa instead of you." She said, slowly releasing her grip.

I took a breath of relief as I drifted from the wall. "Uh.. Yes ma'am." I stuttered.

She looked at me sternly before bursting into laughter. My eyes met hers, and I felt dumb as a wrong.

"You should of seen your face!" She giggled, wiping away tears that stared to form.

"Y/n! Don't do that again. Now let me finish!" I demanded, taking a step towards her.

"Y/n, I. I well um." I mumbled, the words struggling to come out.

"Spit it out! I got to get back to class." She shouted slightly.

"I like you!" I shouted back, my hands turning into small fists as I closed my eyes...