12

Azalea hummed as she gently swung the infant in her arms. Sweet flowers and glaze lilies danced with her tune as she swayed her child to sleep. It was true that by birthing to a creature blessed with the power of the Lord of Geo, she has been degraded to her weakest state as a Nymph. However, despite losing half of her powers and her life span, there was nothing that made her happier than carrying the little boy in her arms.

"Please don't grow up too fast. My dear Alatus." The Nymph whispered to the infant as it slumbered. "Take your time as a child to be rid off of these world's cruelties."

"You seem to be enjoying his company more than mine." The Geo god spoke behind in a humorous manner as he marched towards his lover.

"Don't be jealous of the child, my love, I love you both equally."

"I know." He said with a smile on his face as he placed a kiss on her neck, taking in the relaxing flowery scent of her hair. "You make a wonderful mother, Azalea."

The god placed his arm around the nymph's shoulders as he caressed the infant's cheeks with the back of his finger. "Your mother seem to dislike the idea of you growing up rapidly. But when you do grow up into a fine man, may you protect your mother just as much as she protected you in your younger years." He whispered towards him.

"Being a father suits you so well, Zhongli." The nymph spoke as her eyes glinted.

"Father.. " The god muttered. "I like the sound of that."

"Soon enough, you shall be the father of this vast land too. And I'll be there to witness it."

A gust of wind passed by the three of them, blowing of the tranquil atmosphere.

"Say, Zhongli, do you feel it coming too?" The nymph asked as she glanced at the wintry grey sky.

"War between the archons are inevitable. And I'll see to it that I'll claim a seat. For you and for this Country's future." The god answered determinedly as he wrapped his arm on her waist.

"Tell me Zhongli, what's the point of a throne if it costs lives? What's the point of powers if it corrupts?"

As she spoke, darkness stirred the clouds, a sign that struggles from power were already looming in the City of Liyue.

"We can never claim true order if we don't risk something, Azalea. I will have order no matter how, even if I have to battle the other gods."

"Our principles may differ, but you have the support of the Nymph of Liyue no matter what. Just promise me that you wouldn't get my Alatus involved." The nymph said as she tightened her hold on the infant in her arms.

Zhongli faced his lover eye to eye, kissing her forehead as a form of reassurance. As he broke away, he nodded in all sincerity. "I promise that I'll protect both of you, Just promise me that you'll stay alive, and I shall give you the world."

A smile formed in the nymph's lips as she nodded in response.

That was the first promise the both of them broke.