10

Diluc did not hesitate to attack the former Archon with his pyro powers, which the Archon deflected using his jade shield with ease. 

"Don't play with fire, Mortal. You'll get burned." Zhongli growled.

"Then I'll make sure you'll get burned first. I'll turn your bedrock into ash, Geo Archon!" Diluc glowered back, swinging his claymore at the god. 

"So you know." The former Archon hissed.

"The Adeptus told me. You're not laying a finger on my wife ever again." 

Both of them sparred, wrestled, and threw curses towards one another. The grass burned, and the earth resonated, both elements fought for dominance against each other. Claymore against the God's polearm, fiery fire against jade. But there was no winner. 

Vines, unshakeable and stronger than the burning prowess of fire engulfed both of their limbs, halting their battle.

 "Enough of this! Both of you are hurting the mountains!" Anthea yelled, her eyes glowing emerald as she glance at them with an intense glare. 

"Her inner Nymph is already awakening, and soon enough her memories too." Zhongli muttered.

"None of your petty memories will ever be in par with the one's we shared as a married couple." 

"Please stop you two. I'm all confused. What are you talking about? Zhongli, who on Teyvat are you?" Anthea spoke as she stared into the former Archon's eyes.

Zhongli's eyes widened as he witnessed how she was struggling to comprehend everything. 

"It's me, Azalea. But I guess you don't remember yet. Worry not, this won't be our last meeting. I shall come back to you." Zhongli spread his hand towards her. Wisps of elemental energy came out from his finger teams, and  it traveled through the wind and warmed Anthea's cheeks. With that, the god disappeared into the dark. 

Anthea's heart pounded as she saw the look of disappointment in her husbands eyes. She attempted to hold his hand, however, he backed away before she could even touch him. 

"I can't believe you just let him kiss you." He hissed as his lips trembled with anger. 

"Diluc, I froze." Her tears fell from the corner of her eyes, yet his husband refused to bring her comfort like he's always done. 

"Did you enjoy it?" 

"Diluc, how could you ask me that? Have you always thought so lowly of me?" More tears fell from the corner of her eyes as her heart shattered into millions of unfixable pieces. 

"I trust your vow, I do, but why does the look in your eyes tell me you're confused all of the sudden? Are you having second thoughts about us because you've met him?" 

"You're hurting me, Diluc. If I could move, I would have stopped him without any hesitation. But I froze. Not because of the kiss, but because of the visions that flashed into my mind. He's nothing to me. I love you, Diluc. My husband. Only you." 

Diluc shook his head as he stepped back. 

Anthea took a deep breath before speaking once again. "I get it. I'm really sorry." 

Diluc did not utter another word. He wanted to, but at the moment, anger and jealousy clouded his rational judgements. And because of that, he has pushed the woman he loved away, even when he did not really want to.

Anthea cried in silence as she watched his husband walk away. He was walking away from her once again. He's done it once before, when his father died, he had left her hanging for years because of his grief and bitterness. And now he's doing it again. He was leaving her again when he vowed he wouldn't. 

She wanted to go after him. She meant to go after him. But then suddenly, her limbs weakened, and her vision slowly darkened.