5

During the former Archon's leisure, he would always find the time to drop by the tea house and listen to the ridiculously altered stories of his past conquests dramatically told by the storyteller. 

He had just been done with his daily work as a consultant, on the way to the tea house, he decided to take a quick stroll around Chihu rock. Something the reminiscent god wouldn't miss from his daily endeavors.

Taking in the gentle breeze brought by the ocean nearby, he reminisced to the time when he did not wander the place alone. The time when he still walked side by side with the one he loved, and held her soft hands ever so gently. Although the memory remained as vivid, it still felt so distant and out of his reach.

Until he took another step forth and looked forward. And then she caught his gaze. She looked similarly breath taking as she was thousands of years ago. She wore the same confused expression as the day they first met. The same captivating eyes, the same flowy golden locks. It was as if fate had taken him back to that very day.

For a moment, Zhongli seem to have forgotten how to breathe. His heart pounded loudly in sync with his steps as he approached her. 

"You seem lost. " He told her in the exact similar tone he did two thousand years ago. 

And as the former Archon expected, she gave the same startled look she gave him in their very first meeting during her first lifetime. It was like a dream. He ached to touch her, wrap her in his embrace, and never let her go ever again. But her gaze showed no signs of recognition of the god, so he had to hold it in, and start over again.

'Not anymore. ' That was her reply back then as she found herself admiring the beautiful hues in his eyes. But after hearing the reply of the present her, the god's world, along with all the hope he had left, felt as if it had just crashed and pulverized within the vast galaxy.

"I indeed am, but I'm waiting for my husband to find me. He always does no matter what." She told him with a smile. Undoubtedly, her smile was the most beautiful thing he has ever laid on in Teyvat, yet at that moment, every word that came from her lips brought nothing but pain to the former Archon.

"You're married?" The woman giggled at his question, only nodding in response as she raised her left hand, showing him a simple silver ring adorned with little diamonds that resembled the stars. 

Zhongli's chest ached in jealousy. She looked so healthy and happy. Far from the gloomy sight of her final moments during the past. And he couldn't bear the look in her eyes, reflecting the deep trust she had with her 'husband'. Two thousand years ago, they had also lived together for quite a while. But so many things had happened that he has not been given any opportunity to buy her such an expensive ring.

"Thea!"

Zhongli did not miss to witness how her face lit up at the sound of the unknown man's voice calling her name. The man ran towards her, immediately tackling her into an embrace when he had gotten near enough. The man had fiery hair and eyes. He also looked rather sophisticated and pleasing to the eyes.

It was the first time that the great Geo Archon, the god of contracts, has felt so deeply insecure.

"Still has poor sense of direction as always." He scolded gently, pinching her cheeks.

"I knew you'd find me anyway." She told him. 

He did not like the sight of them. They looked so inlove. Something she should be sharing with him, and him alone. He wanted to strike Celestia with his destructive falling boulders of rock and turn it into ash. He felt betrayed by fate that he wanted to curse whoever weaved it. 

He couldn't stop. He couldn't allow her to be happy with another man. She has signed a contract with the god of contracts. He had to do everything in his power to fulfill what they have written in there. He had to steal her away. Or else..

She will suffer the wrath of the rock.