Astoria greengrass.

"Shut up, there is no way em would actually want to go with Malfoy!"

"What if her parents are forcing her?!"

"Maybe he blackmailed her-"

There was much gossip in the dorm room that night of why Emelia brooks would go to the ball wit the boy she detested, once they assumed she was asleep they began their talk again, coming up with crazy stories to explain what might have changed.

"He's always liked her. It's obvious" Pansy kept repeating under her breath "like every other stupid guy"

"No because she sat with him the other day, and I could've sworn I saw them kiss-"  hermione was explaining until she had been interrupted.

"We did not kiss ok!" Emelia suddenly sat upright in her bed, shocking the other girls.

"Cmon why are you being so secretive? Tell us already"  cho spoke.

"Maybe Malfoy wasn't as bad as I thought. He's been so nice to me and helps in potions, plus my parents would love for us to be together, and he asked me to the ball."

They all stared at her blankly "you're lying" Pansy said "it's so obvious he likes you and you're only with him to please your parents".

"But I do like him!" She blurted, trying to sound sincere through gritted teeth; she covered her face wit her hands "it's fourth year now, I'm not 12 anymore, maybe I want something more"

"But you want it with Dean or Fred, or Oliver. Not Draco" Ginny said truthfully.

"You're wrong, things have changed". This sounded truthful however, because she wasn't lying.
Things had changed.

Truth or dare..

Astoria Greengrass. Hated by most, her arrogant and disgusted persona was apparent the moment she entered any room. Her slitherin friends followed behind her, afraid of her silent remarks and unamused glares.
She hated everyone.
Except Draco Malfoy.

Astoria had gatecrashed the party in the gryffindor common room; she had made it just in time for truth or dare, the most unpleasant but amusing game to fill time.

The group had gathered around the sofas, boys on one side of the room and girls on the other.
The game began, Blaise and Pansy kissed along with Cedric and cho, people were taking shots and revealing secrets.
It was now draco's turn to choose.

"Truth...no dare- no, wait yes."
Few people laughed at his uncertainty, deciding what his best dare could be.

"I dare you to kiss the prettiest girl in the room" Theo had finally suggested after much deliberation.

Draco was desperate to kiss Emelia.. but the contract.
No, he couldn't kiss anyone else because he didn't want to.

He stood, brushing his hair back with his hands and straightening his half buttoned dark shirt. He made his way to the other side of the room where he stopped looking down to tie his shoe.

He stood between Astoria, Pansy and Emelia.

Astoria suddenly gripped his shirt and pulled him up close to her face
"I'm waiting" she whispered in his ear before leaning forwards so close to him she could feel his breathe on her.

He reached his hand out as if to pull her in, but he turned to face Emelia who had a slight look of panic on her face, but also something else.
Not anger, not frustration.
She looked jealous.

Draco leaned in close to Emelia, viewing the uncertainty in her eyes, but he pressed his lips against hers, and she didn't jerk away like he feared.

They stayed for no more than a second, knowing that they had both promised not to break their contract.

"Pathetic" Astoria sniggered as he quickly pulled away from Em who had slight smirk on her face.
"So pathetic draco. Theo said kiss not be a wimp and kiss the wrong person" Astoria continued.

"Jealous are we?" Emelia spoke up confidently smirking "at least he actually wanted to kiss me" she winked, not drawing everyone's attention but being firm in her words.

"We'll see whose jealous" Astoria spoke loudly and she stood up grabbing Draco by the collar harshly and pulling his lips to hers. Draco began to move back but she was firm, grabbing his hand and moving it down her back as she kissed him. Draco pulled away and glared at her in disgust.

He threw an apologetic look towards Emelia who shook her head at his embarrassment in understanding, almost feeling sorry for him.

To Astorias surprise, Emelia was laughing.
"The fact you had to force him to kiss you really says something, don't you think?"

Astoria huffed in anger, she had wanted Emelia to stand up so she could rub it in her face, but she didn't. Emelia was sat back on the sofa, relaxed beside Pansy who had covered her mouth to stop herself from laughing.

"At least I actually had the guts to kiss him back. You wimp brooks. You're no 'part gryffindor'. Are you scared your little guy friends will leave you?" Astoria leaned in close to Emelia.

"At least people actually like me, and I wouldn't get too close. We wouldn't want people to think your going to kiss me too! Oh nonono... forcing two people in one night is quite an achievement. Would you like a trophy?" Emelia and Pansy both couldn't contain their laughter when Astoria stood back in shock, looking at Draco who was also in hysterics.

She stormed out the room with force and slammed the door causing the whole room to burst into laughter.

"No breaking rule one you weirdo" Emelia mouthed over at draco after catching her breathe, still smiling.

Draco covered his mouth sarcastically and shrugged his shoulders "you love it really" he teased.

The game continued till after midnight before people began to sneak back to their dorms attempting not to be caught by filch who was out on the prowl to catch another student out of bed...

Hey guys! I update my stories quite randomly, sorry! I'll try to stick to once/ twice a week. Also, the beginning of this chapter drags on a bit but I thought it was important to include so you guys can see how people's attitudes change! :)

Ps. If you're looking for a good Draco x enemy x death eater story
Check out

"Death in the dandelions"
- Draco_malfoys_wand

I'll be putting more effort into that story as I've actually planned it all out well!
I hope you guys will like it <3