"Why are you trying. You hate me."

Seconds had blurred into minutes and days.
"Potions with snape the snake" Luna giggles as they made their way to class, later than usual, but when you're with Luna I assume time seems to go past quite quickly.

Two seats left, one with Crabbe, one with Malfoy.
"I'll sit with crabbe" Emelia mutters, too late for Luna to acknowledge, for she has already begun a conversation about cupcake recipes with crabbe...
Oh Luna, do you realise who miss Brooks now has to be seated with?

"They say I'm like a hufflepuff until I come across you" she mutters in a soft tone before approaching Malfoy who seems rather happy about the situation, prepared to torture her.

"These seats shall remain the same until Christmas. Understood?" Snape fiercely speaks, sending glares towards his favourite tortured student, Neville Longbottom.

"Hi" Malfoy mutters, shyly.
Draco Malfoy, shy?
"We're partners this term then" he continues.

"You're gonna hate me even more by the end of it" she points out, locking eyes with Malfoys.

"I never said I hated you" he begins agitated.

"Oh come on Malfoy, I tried to make friends with you when I first joined but you would blank me. You give me death stares all the time, and when I sit with Pansy at the slitherin table you don't say a word, or you move away. The one time I sit next to you, you just left." She exclaims.

"if you wanted me to hate you when we first met there was a better way of going around it then this". She turns back to her book.

A defeated look spreads across his face and he turns down to his book with his head in his hands; as much as Emelia hated him it was clear he was now upset, and she wouldn't let this be her fault.

"Hey it's fine, it not like we ever speak anyway. But if you ever need to, I mean we'll have time in potions" regretting the nice words as soon as they left her mouth "we make amortenia this term".

He seemed happier than before and gave her a weak smirk "thanks, and I don't 'hate' you. But I knew you'd come around to speak sometime!" He gives his infamous smirk.

Crap, bad move Malfoy. Your flirting techniques seem to need a bit of an update around miss brooks.

"I never said I wanted to, did I?" She smirks back, sending butterflies through his stomach. And fury through hers.

"Meet me in the library later"

She looks up to acknowledge his words.

"And why would I do that?" She scoffs.

"Because we need to study for this potion. And besides, I know you can't wait for more time with me" draco laughs ad people turn in shock to see the two of them getting along, or so it appeared.

"In your dreams Malfoy ,in your dreams."
Suddenly hurt by these words, knowing that his deep affection for her was so clearly not shared he returned to his normal ways.

"Fine whatever. And you know what you look like? Someone people would write a song about and that's all you are. Most guys will play you once and change the playlist because they're bored of it"

Emelia began to snigger, in sync with Malfoy, some part hurt by these words.
"And you know what you look like? A ferret. I've always wanted to tell you that. At least now you know, I don't think I've ever heard a song about a ferret, in your own words, at least people wrote songs about me".

Class ended, but the conversation lingered in his mind all day, he loved her confidence. She wasn't afraid to fight back. He loved her. But she didn't love him. And he would do anything it takes to change that.