𝐗𝐕𝐈

"Hee-Young!"

"Hee-Young!"

Screamed Areum while slamming the door open of the girl's room.

Gone.

Areum dashed towards the bathroom, hoping to find her daughter inside it while brushing her hair whereas listening to her blasting music. She slammed the door open.

"Hee-Young!"

Gone.

Her fingers immediately sank in her hair, every strand of it got pulled by the nervousness running through her veins. Not only the woman was upset and disappointed by her daughter's behaviour, but she was also desperate and worried to death which may sound obvious for most people, but wasn't taken for granted in Areum's case.

The woman was fully aware that in case of danger Hee-Young would've been able to protect herself thanks to her demonic blood that circulated in her body. However, the actual problem wasn't what could happen to her, rather whether she could cause harm to others, or worse, to Yunho.

As every terrified mother and wife, her first thought went to Hee-Young's phone which seemed to be turned off since the only voice that replied on the other side of the line was the answering service. So, Areum decided it was convenient to call San and tell him what was going on.

It had already been months since the couple had spent a night together: it was hard for both of them to live separately and it also had been difficult to persuade San that it was the best choice to keep him safe. In the end, he reluctantly agreed, though it could pass a single day without him driving in front of the apartment as if only by looking at the building was enough to convince him that his family was safe and sound.

Areum's shaky fingers messily composed her husband's phone number and it didn't take him too long to reply.

"Hey, love! How are you?"

San's jaunty voice filled her ears and heart with pure joy, a feeling that unluckily didn't last long, for the woman.

"San! Our daughter is gone!"

Areum shouted inside the mic of her phone so loud that San had difficulty hearing it since the sound of her voice that reached his ears glitched into an ear raping noise that almost made the man's eardrum bleed.

The man gasped and from his mouth, only incoherent sounds came out. Hee-Young was gone and he didn't know where she could be. Never he could imagine that his daughter had disappeared with a guy, her boyfriend, San rarely saw Hee-Young and even when they met, she never talked to him about her.

A weak, faint, and disheartened word was his answer.

"W-What..."

He whispered, heart shaking like his wrists and lips. No matter how complicated his relationship with Hee-Young was, she was nonetheless his beloved daughter, or so he thought. By the way, the main difference between Areum and San was right there feeling for Hee-Young: while the man couldn't care less of her true nature, the woman couldn't just ignore it and the reason was simple. She resembled Seonghwa. Areum couldn't look at her daughter without seeing the Incubus that had haunted her and was still haunting her, especially her blue eyes.