"i...know that you don't...like the cold but i think...that you'll enjoy this as much as...me." that had to be the sweetest thing he ever willingly said out loud. releasing a playful sigh of annoyance you followed him towards the back of the truck, the thoughts of your untimely demise becoming more and more irrational.

"what's up with you? you seem all giddy and shit" he chuckled at your 'astute observation'.

"i don't know... I'm just excited?"

"for what? planning something romantic or did bring me all the way out here so we can get baked like the first time we talked?"

he was quiet for a second, sitting on the tailgate of his black toyota pickup truck. his car suited him with the glossy black exterior. it seemed like the type of truck a guy with some type of fucked up shit going on in his head would drive.

to you, that description fit feitan perfectly. but the leather tan interior, with the fucking strawberry-scented tree and a skull keychain hanging on his rearview mirror also told you that this motherfucker could very well break your heart if you let him.

he is so...awkward. weird, a social outcast if you will. but he will surely find a way to weasel his way into your heart despite all the walls you've built up, make himself comfortable only to reck the place as soon as you feel safe and secure. on cloud nine because you think this could actually work out.

but when he does, inevitably leaves you high and dry you'll never be able to hate him for it because he would leave with the same awkward charm that he used to make you love him in the first place. so sure, he completely recked the place but at least he didn't slam the door on the way out.

"maybe...both?"

hoping right next to him and slinging your arm around his shoulder and leaning your head atop his you pushed a kiss on his forehead then fell back onto the pillows and blankets that you suspected he had just finished setting up.

"I'm fine with that"

•∆•

they were beautiful, one of the most beautiful things you had ever laid eyes on (besides yourself of course ;)). they twinkled and shined with purpose like they were on a mission.

you knew exactly why this moment was special to you. why the stars, though it's your first time actually seeing them in their full glory, seemed to shine even brighter than ever before. well actually, you didn't know exactly.

it could be because of the soft voice speaking next to you, taking breaks in the middle of every sentence it spoke. maybe it was the small strong arms that wrapped themselves effortlessly around your shoulders. or even the slow soft shapes feitan was drawing on your arm under the red and black fleece blanket he has laying over the both of you.

it was probably all of it though. hearing him talk about himself, learning the inner workings of his mind under the breathtaking stars and in front of a breathtaking view.

"originally... i am from Russia. an orphan with no... place to go and without a...penny to his name, i...obviously joined the first...group that offered... me a decent amount of cash. that's how... i ended up with the...troupe. At the...time it was only...chrollo, franklin, machi, and...nobunaga."

"so how did you end up in the states?"

"we got in some...trouble and needed...to flee as quick as...possible. we ended up in...ended up in texas...first, then ohio then Maryland...nevada, and now...here."

the two of you continued to talk casually, you doing more of the talking while feitan listened attentively. it was enjoyable, the silence that fell upon you both once the conversation died down. the wind that brushed past your faces only making you snuggle deeper into each other's warmth.

"hey...y/n?" you turned your head upward to look at him only to find him already starting at you, eyes trained on your lips.

"you have...really nice... lips"

"oh!- um thank yo-" see you weren't really all that surprised when he grabbed your chin. it was like anything out of a cliche teen movie where the two unlikely characters get together. but this was different, the two of you weren't that different at all, you actually were pretty similar in a lot of areas. besides, no matter how cliche it might seem you enjoyed the light blush that dusted feitans cheeks when you leaned in faster than he did. you could tell he was nervous and wanted it to be all slow and romantic but that was a little too movie for your taste.

you moved your arms from around his waist and twisted your body to be facing him directly.

"see i know i didn't finish my sentence but thank you fei, you have pretty lips too~ i wonder how they feel"

𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

goodnight bc this chapter took way too long to put out and it's not even long 😭🖖🏾 anyway next chapter is not gonna be smut so chill out lmao

the book is almost over so i hope you all are enjoying it :)

have an amazing day!

-mooncore