Chapter 3--Dancing and Late-Night Cookies

Start from the beginning

    I went over to the cupboards and got out the ingredients, going back over to Bill by the counter and following the recipe. We worked in silence for a good long while, just enjoying each other's company.

    "I'll be back soon. I need to go get something, okay?" Bill asked.

    "Okay," I watched as he went back up the stairs, finishing up making the cookies and mixing them when Bill came back down.

    "Hey, what'd you need to get?" I asked, putting a rack of cookies in the oven and setting it for 10 minutes.

    He set some sort of black oval box on the counter and pressed a button, soft music playing.

    "Bill, not now." I said softly, my back still to him.

    "Come on. Just one dance." Bill replied, taking my hand slowly and turning me to him.

    I sighed but put one arm on his back as he took my other one in his hand, putting his other hand on my waist and spinning us around slowly; we slowly dance around the kitchen and the more I danced with him, the more my grief and pain faded away.

    I smiled softly and looked at him. "Thanks,"

    He closed his eyes and nodded. "Anything for you, Dani."

    I rested the side of my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his neck as his went around my waist, holding me close to him as we just swayed to the soft music.

    "I miss him." I said softly.

    "I know, Jordan. But we will help you through this." He replied, tilting my chin up so I met his eyes. "You're not alone."

    "Bill?"

    "Yeah?"

    A small smile crept onto my face. "Azure is on your head."

    Bill chuckled and unwound his arms from me, holding his hand up to his head and having my dragon hop onto his hand.

    Azure looked at him for a second, nuzzling her head against his palm before perching on my shoulder.

    "I think she smelled the cookies." Bill said, walking past me and opening the oven as it beeped, setting the cookies on the stove and letting it cool.

    "Do you want a Butterbeer?" Bill asked as he closed the fridge, holding up two smaller bottles.

    "Why not. It's been a while since I've hung out with you." I said, accepting the glass bottle and sitting down on the couch next to him, staring into the orange flames in the fireplace.

Azure got off my shoulder and curled up next to the fireplace, letting the flames warm her scales.

"Bill?"

"Yeah?" He looked at me, firelight dancing in his green eyes.

"Why were you up this late?"

"If I'm being honest . . . I couldn't sleep knowing that you were hurting." He replied, moving a hand up and brushing my hair from my eyes, his fingers lingering on my cheek before dropping to his lap.

"Cookies—Ow! Hot." Ginny's voice hissed.

I chuckled and stood up, making my way into the kitchen and seeing Ginny with a plate of six cookies, another in her mouth.

"I hope you plan on sharing those, Gin." I said with a little smile.

She looked at me and took the cookie from her mouth. "Oh. Hey, Jordan. You make these?"

"Yeah. Bill is in the living room with Azure if you want to go say hi." I said, taking a cookie from her plate and taking a bite.

"Can I stay up with you guys? I can't sleep."

"Ask your brother." I said, walking into the living room with her.

"Can I stay up with you and Jordan, Bill?" Ginny asked, setting her plate on the coffee table and sitting cross-legged on the floor.

Azure lifted her head up and crawled onto Ginny's leg, curling up under her hand and closing her eyes.

"I think Azure likes you." I said with a smile at my pet.

Bill took a cookie and split it in half, handing me hand and eating his half. "These are good. We did a good job."

"Heck yeah, we did." I said, high-fiving him and taking a drink.

"You two are cute." Ginny said suddenly.

I inhaled my drink wrong and ended up coughing. "W-what?"

"You and Bill. You're cute." She repeated.

"Gin, you say that about every boy I'm seen hanging out with." I said, setting my drink down.

"But you two are the real deal!" Ginny said.

"Sure, Ginny." I yawned.

"Tired?" Bill asked.

"Mm, yeah." I rubbed my tired eyes.

"Then sleep," He said, his arms going around me and pulling me into his side, letting my rest my head on his shoulder.

"Bill, I need . . . this is . . . . . good." I said, my voice trailing off as I slipped into a dreamless sleep.

A cute Bill and Jordan moment right there. I am a sucker for people dancing in the kitchen. It's just so darn cute! Hope you liked this chapter. Comment and vote! Stay safe, everyone. And get sleep.💛