𝟓. 𝐀 𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

Aria recalled that day far to clearly, she remembered wishing that the blonde hadn't been with her when it happened. "Yeah, she was with me," She wished she wasn't because you never knew what would happen around the blonde girl. One moment she could be sworn to secrecy and the next she's threatening to tell the next person she passes in the street. Secrets never stayed secret unless they were her own.

     "So, Alison saw this Meredith person?" Spencer asked and Aria nodded. Unfortunately.

     Hanna suddenly perked up at the use of the woman's name, a face of disgust crinkling her features. "Wait, Her names Meredith? Ew! That's not even a cute-girl name. I'm seeing big pores and mousy roots." She said amused, fiddling with her own hair and not noticing the astounded looks that she was receiving from the rest of the girls around the island.

     "Hannah, I think it's a little too soon to joke." Spencer lectured through gritted teeth, hoping that the blonde would get the hint to shut up but of course she didn't.

     "I'm sorry, but if your gonna cheat then you might as well do it with someone who deep-conditions her hair occasionally." She continued none the less, as if she wasn't completely shocking the other girls with her lack of sensitivity.

     Brooke dropped her head into her hands, muttering an 'oh, my god' while Spencer leant over the table. "Here," She spoke, shoving a dry bagel that she had just gotten from the toaster into the blondes hands. "Put something in your mouth besides your foot." She added, also handing her a clean plate to put it onto before she burnt her fingers and sliding the cream cheese across to her too.

     Hannah sighed. "I'm sorry. Okay? For both of you." She added, tilting her head to look at Brooke who hid behind her coffee again. "Look, all I'm saying is that, when my dad left, laughing sometimes helped," Hanna said with a smile. "So did crying." She added as an after thought making them smile too.

     "Well, I definitely put my foot in my mouth last night." The brunette Bentley sighed, taking another sip of her coffee and trying to hide her grimace for the sake of Spencer and her overly strong coffee. "Seriously, I couldn't even look at their faces. I even surprised Mason." She grumbled.

     Hanna shrugged, "I wasn't surprised, you've always been blunt. That's probably why people thought you were such a bitch with Alison?" She pointed out, Spencer's eyes widened with the shock that Hanna had come out and said it, she wasn't usually as outspoken but clearly last night had rattled something in her.

Brooke wasn't particularly fazed, she knew that she was a bitch two years ago, even her family had noticed it. "I'm not a bitch it's called honesty." She pointed out to which all of the girls couldn't help but crack a smile at the casualty of the statement. "Well, I was with Ali, now I'm just honest." She added, happy that she wasn't that same person any more. Glad that people had noticed a difference in her.

"Beside, my dad hasn't left, guys. I mean, this happened over a year ago." Aria suddenly spoke, attracting the girls attention again. She seemed stressed by the idea that her dad could move out. She hadn't given thought to the idea that this could end anything but happily. "You think he's gonna leave?" She asked them all when they looked

"Look, whatever happens. We're here for both of you." Hanna assured the pair, she had been through a similar situation, granted that in her case her father hadn't cheated, much like Brooke's parents hers had fallen apart because of their own differences, but much like Arias it had been a defining split, it wasn't unsteady like the situation that Laura and Luke Bentley had created.