two.

"im sure whoever your Kook friends are will bail you out"

for nine months they've tried to get us to believe our dads dead

for nine months they've tried to get us to believe our dads dead. they say were in denial. whatever. denials underrated. you should try it sometime. thats what john b always tells them. its highly effective, and its only denial if your wrong. it doesn't make any sense. our dad would be the last guy who would ever get lost at sea. the compass coming back to me and john b, our fathers compass, which was passed on for generations, its a sign. our dads still alive, and we're going to find him.

This morning i awoke to someone banging on the door and calling, "DCS! I know your in there!" followed by another loud bang.

I got up and walked to find John B on the pullout looking at JJ through the window.

"Of course it's JJ," I complained walking out onto the porch.

All three of us got into the Twinkie because John B wanted to take us somewhere.

John B was driving, and JJ was in the passenger seat. I sat in the floor behind them, propping my head up in my hands.

"I'm just saying, I don't get why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you. She's like, Oh, John B," JJ told John B as we drove.

"Is that what she does?" John B asked him.

"She's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you," JJ told him.

"She kissed me on the cheek," JB corrected him. "It's not like we were makin' out."

"Low-hanging fruit, bro. Don't pretend you don't notice. I see it in your eyes. Your like, "I kinda like that," and you start blushing and shit," JJ told him.

"I blush," John B asked clearly annoyed.

"Yeah," we replied.

"I didn't ask you," John B told me.

"Well, you made me come with you on this weird adventure thing. So I'm going to join the conversation," I spat back annoyed.

"Kinda like how you joined the Kooks," he mummered just loud enough for me to hear.

"Fuck you. I didn't join the Kooks," I rolled my eyes moving to sit in the back of the van.

JJ grabbed the compass, but John B fought to take it back.

"I gotta admit, your father's compass in Scooter's boat, that's freaky," JJ said holding up the compass and looking at it.