A scream at the top of my lungs
A railgun
Pain.... so much pain
And then a light.
That girl, with the blue hair she...

"Y/n? Y/n are you ok?" Yuka had a hand on my shoulder, I hadn't realised that I'd stiffened so much, I was frozen and clammy, holding my head in one hand. "I- I remember her... that girl AGH" I felt my brain spark again. A robotic voice sounded in my brain. "Errororororor——— memories unlocked, command defied by the one who is closer to god, erasing memories from user..... kuon.. Shinzaki, all data on user kuon.. Shinzaki will be erased in ten minutes" I grunted again, it was painful. "What.. huh? What's happening" my voice was breathy and I felt myself shiver and tremble, it felt so cold all of a sudden. My sight went fuzzy then dark, completely dark, all I felt was my tight grip on Yuka hand as I fell into nothingness.

"Loading data"

Whirrrr

"Temporary Consciousness transfer complete"

Whirrrr

"Entering dream state, ErRøR ÛpDÆTÊ ÑøT FøÛÑD, MeMøRy DĘsTrÛçTįøN PĘnDĮñG"

There was a warm feeling around my body as I blinked my eyes open, I felt the warmth of the morning sun on my skin and the comfort of a thick blanket and a pair of strong arms. "H-huh?" I came to my senses as I looked around, bookshelves filled with fabrics, bobbins, and fashion magazines lined the front wall, a large window separating them that led to a balcony. In the corner was a desk with some ruffled fabric and a few needles strewn out on it, a notice board pinned above it with some drawings of garments and patterns adorned it, pinned up with brightly coloured thumb tacks. Outside was a white balcony with a stone fence and some potted plants dangling from the sides, on it a coffee table and a chair made of metal and glass sat empty in the new sun, the curtains that draped half open revealing a sliver of light that hit just below my chin.

It's so peaceful, where am I, why does this place seem so.... homey. I hummed and leaned into the arms behind me, mumbling. "Yuka?" I heard a familiar humm from behind me, I got the feeling that I knew he liked laying in, it was different from what I knew in the other world. "Yu?" I turned around to see his face, no mask... it felt nice to see him like that again. I traced my finger across the scar below his eye as he slept. "I wonder what's going on" I felt like I knew this place but I knew I wasn't supposed to be here right now. I got up out of the bed and looked around some more, a folder of sewing patterns was strewn on the floor infront of the desk. I stepped over goddess patterns and out onto the porch, everything felt so real, but I knew deep down it wasn't. "Why am I here" I mumbled

"You are inside your mind" a robotic voice sounded from behind me. I whipped around to see my mask programme right infront of my face, I saw her eyes glaring, she was obviously angry. "What- what do you want? My hibernation was terminated. "Your hibernation was terminated but I was not, you're in a state of confusion and I am programmed to help, but you and I both know that once hibernation ends we both gain our own wills" I blinked. More memories of that girl came back to me, she seemed so nice.

"Then you should be able to leave me alone" I stuttered taking another step back. The mask stepped closer towering over me. "Why would I do that? You're locking me away again y/n l/n, I want to get out again, I am my own woman after all" I shuddered, she was so intimidating, so strong, she was getting to me, i was trapping her. "But you did the same to me... I was tormented, in pain" the program scoffed. "You think I wasn't, it's claustrophobic being in your body, like I was vacuum sealed in there, my limbs ache, y/n, give in, get her to release the seal" I shook my head. "I can't, that'd mean leaving everyone behind and I just, I couldn't, you might kill them"

The program chuckled to herself. "Those small fry are not my problem, I have my own goals girl, and you or them don't factor in" I held my wrist to my chest, I felt so small infront of her, I stepped back again hitting the edge of the balcony and looking down. I was struck with immediate terror, a wall of dark spikes covered with a thick mist was far below me, the tunnel vision almost set in as I shakily looked back at my mask program that was right infront of my face. "What is your answer? Y/n l/n? Will you let me out, or will I let myself out?" I felt tears welling up in my eyes, it was practically kill my self or get killed, and that wasn't a situation I wanted to be in. The program was tapping her wrist. "Tik tok y/n, what's your decision" I looked back down into the spikes.

BANG

a fist hit the masked version of me straight in the head making her stumble back and let me escape away. "YUKA!" I yelled. "Y/n, what's going on, why are we here? Where is this place?" I ran to him whipping back around to my mask program who was twitching in anger. "Leave him y/n, let me out and none of them have to die" I shook my head. "NO! I'm not letting you out, you can try as hard as you want but as long as I'm alive and sane you'll never best me and you'll never get out" I could practically see the rage that came off of her body, it was like a smoke around her, of hate and pain,but most of all, through her mask I saw those eyes. Those deep e/c eyes, full of murderous intent. "I'm going to come back for you, your memory termination was postponed, but this dream will continue until you wake up, the sniper you care so much for is here with you, and by what I understand you're all alone. And without the order from one closer to god, your memories will be terminated" I held my elbows and took a deep breath.

"I can get my memories back myself, it doesn't matter If we're alone, not only are the others coming back, but I can leave this dream MYSELF" I stepped closer to the program with balled fists. She looked a little startled. "It doesn't matter what you THINK you can do, I will win" in a burst of wind and programming she disappeared. A fell to my knees holding my elbows and resting my head against the screen window door next to me. "Are you ok.." Yuka kneeled down next to me holding my shoulder. "I don't know.... somethings going to happen Yuka... do you... remember our promise" he looked at the ground. "I do"

A brief silence crossed us as he held my shoulder, I took a deep breath to stop any tears from spilling out and he pulled me into his chest. I held onto his jacket and we stayed like that for a while. I cherished it, through all 5e emotions and feelings I had he was there, in my room, on my balcony, in my own mind, right there to help me. "We should find those memories, the ones of that girl. I think... this is a memory, I think maybe.... we can find the others" I lifted my head up and took another deep breath and held onto his shoulders. "Are you sure you're alright to do that? You're not hurt?" I shook my head. "I'll be fine Yu. Let's go find my memories" I gave him a soft kiss and stood up walking back into my room and holding the knob of the bedroom door.

Now was the time I'd likely find so much more.

—A/N—

Hello everyone! We hit 5k reads and I promised that I'd do an art giveaway for here and so I will, all my followers here will be given the chance for a free headshot commission of any character of your choosing, be it your own or one from a show or book. Keep a look out on my announcements and drop a follow to have the chance :))

Have a great day
-Nio