Out with the old

"RAAAUUGHHH"

A tall woman with s/c skin and a white mask roared at the top of her lungs, a ludicrous scene of death and injured people spread out across her vision. a girl with long blue hair in a uniform, a blond with a knife panting heavily, a glint of glass from a masks rifle behind you and the dust clearing from a previously fired rail gun all littered the scene, as the woman lay near motionless struggling on the ground a young woman with blue hair that faded into a light orange stepped over determination in her eyes.

A robotic voice spoke from her mind, you could hear it. But it wasn't you. "User kuon Shinzaki, you have unlocked the power to control this mask, it seems you're on the same wavelength" the girl with the blue hair looked surprised but shook her head and stepped a foot forward with determination burning around her. "My name is kuon Shinzaki! I am one closer to god, and I am sealing away your powers and dominating over you!" You opened your eyes wide as a huge beam of white energy burned at your skin. "AAAUUUUGHHH" you cried out but soon enough everything was black, nothing was anywhere and there for just a moment stood a new figure.

Clad in a ripped shirt some undergarments, a pair of small heeled black boots and a pleated skirt stood y/n, finally free from that horrible state, she smiled, her mask fell to the ground shattering before everyone's eyes revealing the face of someone brilliant, she had e/c eyes, smooth skin, and the most beautiful peaceful smile as she fell to the side her h/l h/c hair parting to reveal the small Red Cross on her head that still remained burned into her skin.

She fell with grace, her eyes watery and looking at nothing, smiling.

Thud

The man in the broken mask ran over catching her just before she hit the ground. "What just happened?" He asked looking to kuon. "I- I don't know, this happened with that other great angel guy I just... I didn't think it'd happen to her too" the sniper mask looked at her features her eyes now closed and face red and hot from exhaustion, she was breathing heavily but was stable, and what stood out most, was that she was.... familiar.

—a few hours have passed—

I jolted awake grasping for air and gripping the soft bed sheets around me, I looked around a little, "a hospital?" I mumbled to myself. "What? Nghh. What happened" I held my head and seethed as a splitting headache covered my forhead. I laid back down looking to the ceiling groggily. "I don't feel too good" I looked out the window, morning it seemed, have I been here this whole time? Was that place really a dream? Wait no... that girl...

My mind shot back to that blue haired girl. "My name is kuon Shinzaki" flashed infront of my mind and I sat back up, I swivelled my body to attempt to stand and get out of bed but to no avail. Immediately I fell to my knees as my legs completely caved "ah" I rolled onto the side of my hips holding my left knee and resting my head on the side of the mattress of the hospital bed. "It's so quiet.... am I really alone?"

Just as things settled in, the faintly lingering smell of medical products and dust settling in as I regained my awareness, the dapple of morning sun against the neglected tiles, and the cold floor where I sat, there was no noise, only my gentle breathing, it was nice... but it felt like it was missing someth-

Knock knock knock
"Hello? Are you ok in there? You've been asleep a while" a soft and sweet voice came from the double doors across from me. "Huh?" I turned my body to see three people walk straight in, that girl I remembered from earlier, one that had deep blue hair and a slashed skirt, and a familiar looking mask. "H-hello?" I sort of huddled into myself for a moment, they were all quite intimidating given that masks were the ones that did that to me...

"Oh good you're awake! My names yuri this is sniper mask and kuon! Are you feeling ok?" She was so bubbly compared to the aura around her. I didn't care though, I was glaring at that mask, he had a rifle, that wasn't good.

"Uhhhh, should I.... should I leave?" It asked.... "wait it can talk" I asked backing into the corner a little more. The mask seemed a little uncomfortable, it was yet again familiar to me. "Yes he can" kuon replied, turning my gaze to her I felt an odd connection. "Kuon?" She looked at the mask then at yuri. "Uhh yep that's me" I pushed through the pain to walk to her and hold both her hands in mine. "Thank you" it all flooded back to me now. The railgun, the fire, the death, the pain, and then her.

"I am sealing away your powers and dominating over you!"

"Huh?" She seemed confused. "You saved me from that body and for that I will pay any price" she chuckled nervously. "How about you come eat with us first" I shook my head. "Can I eat alone, I don't want people seeing me without my-" I felt around my face. It wasn't there. "WAAH, DONT LOOK" I covered my face with my hands and turned to the wall.

Kuon whispered something to the mask next to her. "Jees, fine I'll do it" the mask begrudgingly leaves with both, with yuri waving at me with a friendly smile. "Hope you feel better soon"

I slowly took my hands away from my face crumpling to the floor again seething st the muscle and knee pain. "God damnit" lsighed through my teeth and fell backwards onto my back again, still with one knee pulled tightly to my chest. "What's going on here, are they trying to help or are they trying to do something worse" I rested my head down.

"What'd. Make you think we're bad people?"

I stiffened and sat upright looking to the voice of that mask with the rifle. "What when did you get in here!" Seriously when the hell did he get in here. He stood next to the door with his rifle propped up against the wall two plates of food with him. "You really didn't notice when I was right here?" He asked sitting on the floor opposite me and pushing a plate my way. I could only see one of his eyes, on the cracked side, he had short black hair, and a hat with a white ribbon to match his suit. "I brought breakfast" *he swivelled around and set his mask on the floor beside him. I couldn't see his face but damn was I curious.

"You don't like it either?" I inquired pulling the plate closer to me. "Hmm?" I sat more comfortably. "Your face being seen... you don't like it either" he chuffed a little. "I don't mind it, I'd just rather I didn't show it to strangers, that's all" I hummed in response looking the opposite direction and eating slowly.

"So" he spoke. "Hmm?" He put his plate down a small clatter coming from the tile floors. "What do you remember..." a short silence filled the room as I lowered my plate into my lap. "I.... I don't know, my brain.... it feels all fuzzy.... last thing I remember I was with these masks... but they put a different one on me... from then on I lived to destroy everything in my path. But kuon showed up and saved me... I felt like I'd never get out" the mask behind me hummed. "What about your name. "Ohh.... uhhh, I used to go by 'the great mask, but that doesn't really fit now does it." I heard him clip his mask back on.

I turned around, hiding my face from him as best I could with my knees. "Do... what's yours?" I saw his eye look up at me again. "I have an idea, but I'm not sure, people just call me sniper mask around here though" I nodded behind my knees. "Well how about I call you Ess then?" He looked curious. "Why Ess?" I smiled "well, Ess for sniper, sounds like a more solid name to me" he shrugged. "Fine by me. You done with that?" He asked pointing t9 my plate. I nodded and he reached down to pick it up. For a split second I felt a strong connection to him, but just like that he was gone, he took his rifle and left. "Well.. goodbye then... Ess"

—A/N—
Ma that's about it for the introductory phase now into the real story, who's ready to simp? Of course we all are, no one can tell me this man isn't worthy of my time and effort because just look at him, anyway, I want you to remember this is n o t an op reader story, so I'm not going to do that here, I'm sure that someone else will though :))