Of course you didn't say the words to him and maybe they didn't need to be spoken yet but they hung in the air over you and it brought you joy.

"Go. Be safe." You smiled to him. Things were different than they were before you both had something to come home to now.

"When I get back i'm taking you out. On a proper date." He landed his lips on your eagerly before jumping out of the bed and heading for his room down the hall.

   You heard the Quinjet take off while you were in the shower carrying the entire team towards their mission. The hot water cascaded over your body while your mind was replaying the night before in your head.

For so long you thought you knew your purpose in life, you thought you had everything laid out and the plan to execute it but now you were in the Avengers compound with super solider serum and Tony Stark's daughter. It made you laugh, as much control you tried having over everything it just proved that sometimes life has something else for us in mind.

You slipped into a pair of sweats and your oversized Columbia sweatshirt making your way to the coffee pot when your phone buzzed.

15 min out from location
-BB

Also do you like Italian food?

Or maybe Greek?

You held onto your mug making your way into the command room making sure everyone's coms were up and video feeds were going as you texted bucky back.

I'm not a picky eater. Keep on task Barnes.

Before you could even set your phone back down it buzzed again.

I'm multitasking doll.

'Alright everyone's coms up and running?' You spoke into your earpiece as you swiped across the screen looking at the files Tony had gotten for the mission.

You enlarged the image of the scepter, it was definitely not from this world but was mostly useless without power from the tesseract, at least according to the files. Between everyone on the team it should be an easy in and out mission. Cap and Bucky were running point and Tony did what he usually does. Whatever he wants. Nat stuck close to Bruce and Thor took out guards on the perimeter.

'Secure line accessed.' Jarvis spoke into the coms. Then it was followed by Bucky's voice. 'What about dancing? Do you like to dance?"

"B you're suppose to be running point. Pay attention." You told him swiping the screen to his video feed. He was talking about a date while firing on Hydra soliders.

"Do you not have any faith in my ability? You wound me." He responded dramatically.

"I've never been dancing. Now get back to work. Jarvis end secure line." You were trying to have a harsh tone but your face was plastered with a smile.

Pulling up the blueprints of the facility there were multi levels to it. There was an entire underground area that expanded miles. It always baffled you how Hydra was able to build these large facilities right under the noses of country officials or maybe they just had deals with countries, pay them a big wad of cash and they look the other way. It seemed that the government mostly ran that way.