<chapter 10>

I hear a group of people outside and I start to get nervous. We decided that we would sing Edge of Great tonight for the party. I need to change but I am so not ready to preform with Reggie. He has been acting so wierd and with Julie still doing the no eye contact thing with Luke it is going to be stiff and awkward. Ugh. Get over yoursefl and just go get ready. I think to myself I stand. I made me a shirt to match Julie's. She found one if moms cropped off the shoulder tops that had butterflies all over it. So I took inspo from that and made me a shirt to match. (I know the editing job is bad but ignore it)

After I change I sit back down. I am so not ready for this. I still a little queasy after the hospital and I have not eaten much. I pulled from my thoughts by Julie knocking on my door.

"Hey are you ready for this? It is time for the band circle." She says and I stand.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I say.

"I like the outfit by the way." She says with a goofy smile and I laugh as we walk down stairs. We take the back way to the studio to avoid the crowd that has formed and meet the boys in the garage.

"Legends on three." Luke says. "One, two, three." We put our hands in the center.

"Legends." We all say in unison, then we hear Flynn come over the speaker introducing us. I roll my eyes. The doors to the studio open and the piano and crowd are visible. The erupt into applause as we walk fowars. Carlos hands me my mic as Julie sits at the piano. I stand behind her and lean on her shoulder as we start to sing the first line.

"Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obviousAnd like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us" We harmonize as we hear the beat start to come in then a soft whoosh and the boys poof in. The crowd goes crazy and I almsot laugh. 

"I believe

I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great" We all sing together enjoying the music. My hurts slightly but nothing unusal. We drop as Luke starts in on his verse.

"We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no" He nods towards Julie and she does her best to ignore him. Good try. I think to myself. 

"Sometimes we gotta lean
Lean on someone else
To get a little help
Until we find our way
I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own" 

I normally would walk over to Reggie and sing with him but I take the plesure of not doing that and sing next to Alex in the back. He smiles at me as I make my way to the front of the piano and I smile back. I refuse to look at Reggie and Julie is refusing to look at Luke.

"'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of-" Me and Julie sit on the top of the piano and smile as we sing our favorite part together. 

"Shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
Don't gotta hide it
Let your colors blind their eyes
Be who you are, no compromise
Just shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive
Oh-oh" She nudges me and I realize that she wants me to sing the solo. I hold my hand out and she takes it we sing it together and both boys suprise us on either side. We stare at them giving them both smiles as we sing the solo.