Part 2

"Nat I swear they were here!" I said again. The party was still in full swing and I'd had to grab a glass of wine to clear my head over the boys' intrusion. "I didn't see them!"

"They did shots of sambuca in the kitchen, shattered the bottle everywhere, and then pissed off!" "Well Kyle was annoyed we didn't invite them!" "Your brother can bitch and moan all he wants," I muttered, "This was supposed to be a classy party!" "It is Jess," Natalie sighed, "No one even noticed the boys were here. If they even were."

"They were!" She rolled her eyes at me and then wandered off to go chat to someone else. Sulking I made a pass by the snack table, frowning when I saw many plates were empty. The boys had eaten most of the extra snacks, so I didn't have anything to refill the table with. A loud, familiar laugh caught my attention, my eyes darting across the room. "Are you kidding me!" I muttered, stalking over to the guy and grabbing his sleeve. "You're coming with me," I said through my teeth. "Aww babe, we were just chatting about you!" he grinned, winking at the two girls he was with.

"Come. Now." I grabbed the guy's arm and dragged him to the front hall. "What the hell are you doing?" I asked him. "I spotted some pretty girls and I stopped to chat."

"Chat them up you mean?" I retorted.

"I didn't say that," Aston grinned. "But you implied it." "Did I?" I sighed deeply, nodding towards the front door. "You should go."

"You're a little bit jealous aren't you?" Aston smirked. "I'm not jealous!!!" "I think you are, what with the history we have..." "We don't have any history!" I argued, "You're delusional." "You keep thinking that then!" I grabbed Aston's arm again, trying to push him towards the front door.

"Woah wait," he said, stopping in his tracks. "What?" "Look." He pointed up, a big grin on his face. "I don't know what you're pointing at."

"Mistletoe," Aston grinned, grabbing hold of me by the waist and pulling me close so he could press his lips against my own. For a split second I let him kiss me, and then I pushed his chest hard. "What the hell?!" I whispered harshly. "Aww Jess, it's only a bit of fun. You shouldn't have put that there if you didn't mean for it to be used!"

"It's not funny Aston, get out," I snarled. "You're so hot when you're mad babe," he grinned. "GET OUT!" I shouted again. "Merry Christmas Jessie," he said, a mischievous look in his eye as he grabbed a coat off a heap on the floor and pushed his way out of my flat. "I hate when people call me that," I mumbled as I watched him skip down the stairs and wander down the street alone. I don't know what possessed Aston Merrygold to crash my holiday party like that, but he'd done exactly what I was sure he'd intended... He'd gotten under my skin. Again.