5 Years Earlier

I met Prompto last, he was visiting Noctis and I had been the one to greet him.

"You must be Prompto." I said as I sent him a smile.

"You're beautiful." He said as he looked at me shocked.

"Actually I'm Maria." I said with a smile.

"I'm so sorry! I'm Prompto! Noct's friend." He exclaimed.

I let out a laugh and sent him a smile.

"There you are, hope your not flirting with my sister." Noct said as he walked down the stairs.

"No! Course not!" Prompto exclaimed.

I let out a laugh and sent him a smile.

"It was nice meeting you. I have to go, but I'll see you later." I said as I rushed to meet up with my dad.

"You wanted to see me father?" I asked softly.

"He knows about me." Somnus whispered.

Dad turned to look at me and let out a sigh.

"I want you to be honest..... have you spoke to Somnus?" He asked softly.

"You can tell him the truth." Somnus said calmly.

"Who?" I asked with a frown.

"I guess that's a no." Dad said with a sigh of relief.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, just worried." He said softly.

"And what if I had talked to this... Somnus?" I asked softly.

"Then I would have a lot to worry about." He said softly.

"Well I don't know a Somnus... so I guess everything is okay." I said as I sent him a smile.

He sent me a nod of his head and turned to leave.

"Hey dad."

"Yes." He said as he turned to look at me.

"You can stop worrying about me so much... I promise I'll be fine... besides Noct is the one most likely to get himself killed." I said softly.

"That we can agree on... especially with his choice in friends." He said as he turned and walked away.

"Why did you lie?" Somnus asked softly.

"He has enough on his plate.... I don't want him worrying about me too." I said sadly.

"You cease to amaze me Princess." He said softly.

I left the room and quickly made my way outside. I leaned against the balcony and let out a sigh as I toyed with my necklace.

"Somnus.. if I do choice to save Noct.... do you think people would remember me?" I asked softly.

"I don't see how anyone could forget you." He said as he leaned back against the balcony.

"I don't want anyone to forget me."

"You shouldn't think of things like that... you still have some time before you have to choose." He said as he looked up at the sky.

"I know." I said softly.

"And if it makes you feel better... I don't think I could ever forget you." He said softly.

I sent him a smile and then turned and looked up at the sky. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh.