Chapter 3: A Fish in a Shark Tank

My curiosity got the best of me.

I went to the arena despite the fact I truly did not want to be there.

I changed my outfit into a black hoodie and black sweats.

I  jumped the fence of the arena and slipped into the open back door. As I slipped into the back entrance, you could already hear the voices of  crowd and the sounds of doors opening and closing.

I walked down the white brick painted hall  and slipped behind a door when the voices of the Mayden sharks male swim team.  I ducked low near the side of the door and accidentally brushed my foot across the floor, knocking over a pail of water that was probably left by the janitor.

The pail of water made a loud splashing sound when I knocked it over.

"Hey did you guys hear that?" A voice said.

"Hear what, water.." Another said sarcastically.

" That loud ass splash." The voice  said.

"We hear water splashing everyday thanks to Ry-" the other voice said.

" Hey, guys come on Ryan is getting angry." A new voice just said.

"Angry for what? He has been killing our asses for weeks with this non-stop swim training, when IT'S FUCKING FALL!!! " the other voice shouted.

"He really has been killing us. If he was really a captain wouldn't he find where our multi- style swimmer was?" The first voice said.

"Who the fuck is that?" The new voice said.

"That's Darrell....you know fish boy, Nemo freak." The voice said.

"Oh, you mean water fucker..." The new voice said.

" water fucker...that's clever... I call him the next time I see him. "

The three of them left. When the left I removed myself from hiding behind the door.

I was sweating a little bit after the phrase water fucker kept echoing on my head repeatly.

I gulped heavily. I slipped on the floor, because the newly split water. I was on the floor the taunting voices  filled my head. They started as whisper, and then grew louder, and louder, along with laughter I  started to hyperventilate and sweat rapidly.

" Derek, is that you?" A voice said.

I looked up as I struggled to  breath.

"Coach Growler......" I said  while still struggling to breath.

"Derek, you haven't been at practice in four months. " he said as he walked over to me.

Coach growler was a man of short stature. He had a big gut, a bald spot the size  of Asia, and big brown mustache.  He was wearing a royal blue and white jumpsuits. Blue and white was Mayden high colors.

Coach, .....why are you calling me Derek when my name ....i-i-is...Dar- I said as breathed heavily now.

"It's Danny, right my bad. I always confuse you with Delerick." He said as he touched his forehead.

"It's Darrell." I said feeling annoyed.

"That what I said".Coach Growler said.

I looked at Coach Growler even more annoyed, than I was before.

" Yeah, you did." I said while giving him a sulking look.

I wasn't in the  mood to argue with Growler, because he never got my name right, since I was freshman. I mean it was annoying being called Derek, Delerick, Devon, Darvin, Darwin, and every other name in the book that started with the letter, D.