"LEVI-"

"NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS KEEP THE WHEEL STEADY, I'LL BE BACK!" he screamed and I saw him run off to go up the main mast.

"LEVI!!! " I wanted to cry, I was terrified.

But I can't afford to do that, not now. He gave one very clear order, it doesn't matter how much my hands hurt I need to keep the wheel steady and that's what I'll do. Don't look up, just focus on the wood and I don't need to worry. I'm tied to the ship. I'll be fine.

I'll be fine.

-

Levi was once again behind me helping me steer this thing. I don't dare look up even though I can feel the ship going down on a huge wave. Once again in seconds my body slams against the helm with Levi behind me. I stopped paying attention at the water even though my eyes hurt from how much has gone in them. Me and Levi steady the ship and I can feel his hand once again on my belly for just two seconds before he goes back to helping me.

I've been out here for hours at this point, I'm tired, I'm in pain and I think that's his way of comforting me even just a little bit even though I was not meant to be out here. I noticed another pair of hands grab the wheel and Levi took me away. My eyes widen but I saw Erwin where me and the captain once stood. Levi disconnected the ropes attached to my harness and my eyes widen. Me and him went down the steps and entered his room breathing heavily. The moment the door closed behind him he leaned against it taking in deep breaths like I was.

"W-why are we in here?" I asked and sniffed.

"Tch..." he reached for his belts, I didn't notice he no longer had ropes on him. "We've been out there for hours... We need to rest... Erwin's team will take over for now... We'll sleep and in a few... Hours we'll go back outside." he said in between breaths.

I nodded and started doing what he was though I didn't know how this thing worked. Eventually he was done and came up to me and helped me. Another loud thunder was heard making me flinch, he noticed but didn't say anything. After we were done he threw me a pair of dry clothes and a towel and told me to get dressed. We both dried ourselves and changed into dry clothes. He told me to sit on the bed and he went around it raising some type of wooden fence. I had seen it but I thought it was just part of the bed.

He locked them in place so all the bed was closed and got over them to sit next to me.

"It's so we don't roll off, Hange made it for me. But don't worry, nothing will happen." he looked at me.

"Yeah... Sure." my throat hurt from yelling so much. "Why wasn't anyone on the wheel when I came out?"

"... We lost a man, I lost my balance and rolled off the helm. I didn't have much time to realize what was going on. Since we were one man down I went and did his job, in all the chaos I completely forgot that no one was on the helm... When I saw you I freaked out, but I should thank you." he touched my head and a tear left my eye. I wasn't sad, maybe it was how tired I was, how much pain I was in, all the stress, the underline. I just had to cry. "Truly, thank you (Y/N). You came out when you were most needed." I nodded and looked down.

"You don't need to thank me. Really I was just coming out to ask you why the ship is moving so much." he chuckled at my poor attempt at a joke.

I sniffled and a few more tears came out.

"It's okay to cry. I cried on the first storm as well. Only I was four."

"Thanks." I chuckled. "That was terrifying..."

"I know. But we are all alive thanks to you." he gently pushed me down on the bed and laid next to me. "Now close your eyes. Even if you don't sleep you need rest."