With one stone

En başından başla

"You, the rogue mask program will now receive an order from one closer to god! Leave this girl alone, stop the hibernation process and halt your former command!" Former command? What does she mean by that... "I have received the command from the one who is closer to god" she let go of me as I struggled to grip into staying in y/n's brain. "However, kuon Shinzaki, the order to 'leave the sniper mask alone' cannot be abandoned, y/n l/n has felt several high emotions, the mask programme has already grained this into her everyday life" the what order.... "kuon... what did you do?"

Kuon looked terrified, her eyes wide. "From the moment hibernation began y/n lost her emotional connection to the sniper mask, the mask has the ability to erase any and all emotion, it is a weakness to the mask itself" I balled my hands into fists, y/n wouldn't have her emotions back? She was stripped of them, and all because of h e r... kuons selfish goals. "You will cease the command, it will be replaced instead of removed!" Tears fell from kuons face as she spoke. "You will replace it with... y/n should leave kuon Shinzaki alone, her debt will be erased, and so will all former connection she had with me" the mask seemed to zone out for a moment.

"I have received permission from the mask, kuon Shinzaki, shall be erased data from y/n l/n's mind. All previously recovered memories of one 'sniper mask' will be returned, and the hibernation process will cease." I looked to y/n, who was laid on the floor near motionless as her mask program faded out. The world around us seemed to fall apart too, falling into nothing underneath us.

I woke up again. "Mr mask? Are you alright?" I looked up to kuon gently shaking my shoulder. I was unconscious but still sat upright. "Huh? Kuon what is it?" I was angry at her, and rightfully so, why would she do something like that?! "Mr mask.. I... I'm sorry" she looked at the ground. "Kuon it's fine she's back now that's all that matters..." that was a lie, it wasn't fine at all. "Mr mask...." I ignored her picking up y/n from the beanbag and laying her on a sofa with her head resting on my lap. I didn't bother saying anything to kuon, I didn't look at her either, it's likely that the reason y/n was feeling all those strong emotions was because of her stupid debt command.

"You're safe now" I mumbled to y/n gently moving some hair out of her face. "You're safe"

—Ein and mayuko got back from patroll—

"Hey sniper, kuon... what happened while we were gone?" Mayuko asked sitting on a comfortable chair opposite me. "Y/n went into hibernation early" I replied "we went in and stopped it, that's all" y/n was breathing slowly the small rise and fall of her chest a peaceful rhythm that told me she was still ok. "I see, well what happened for you two to be this far away from each other?" She seemed oblivious. "Nothing, it'll be fine".

An emotionless mask stepped in setting a few bags full of supplies in the middle of the room, looking to everyone then y/n for a while longer. "I wonder how the perfect god will turn out, will peace, or chaos prevail?" Those guys always made me uneasy. He left afterwards and mayuko went to collect and give out the food, setting y/n's on the table in the corner. "Thanks" I opened the sandwich we were given and took off my mask. "Oh wow, sniper you're- really good looking" Mayuko chimed sitting sideways in the chair and opening her own food. "Ah- right, I can put it back on if-"

"No it's fine, sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" I shook my head. "No it's fine" I set my mask on the arm of the couch taking a bite of the sandwich. Hopefully y/n would wake up soon...

—meanwhile, in y/n's dream—

Y/n PoV

I looked around, there was nothing but a room, a plain grey room,a box, but it was wide. I sat on the ground. "Hello?" Nothing happened. "What's going on?" Still no answer. "Hello—" I felt a hand grip my throat. "Ac-kg" I held my arm out reaching for nothing, feeling nothing, but suffocating slowly. My mind raced with thoughts, mainly the thoughts coming back to me. "Yu- y-"

The walls dripped with blood, those that I'd killed, their faces morphing into the walls like they were stuck behind them and trying to break free. "Y—u" the blood pooled at my feet, I couldn't do anything to stop it as it rose, the room was filling up until eventually, I couldn't escape it, I was held down by that hand strangling me, my mouth slowly filling with the blood, why"

"YU" I sat up quickly a tear rolling down my cheek. "Y/n you're awake, what happened?" Mayuko rushed over to help Yu simply held my shoulder, "what's going on? Bad dream?" I breathed deeply and relaxed into his shoulder. "Yeah... I think so" wait I was talking to him again, all I remember was that someone... who was it... a girl I think... told me not to... doesn't matter. "It wasn't a good one I know that for a fact" I mumbled still trying to collect myself. But every time I closed my eyes I could see them. The things masked me had done were coming back to bite me. "Hey... you two" both looked at me. "Do you.. do you think that haunting are real?" Mayu sat back down raising an eyebrow. "Not really, once you're dead you're dead. No soul saving or anything like that"

"I think so too, what happened, you look like that dream was really rough on you" I sighed. "It was... and I don't mean real haunting, nothing supernatural, just in your mind.... do their memories taunt you two?" I fiddled with the tie Yu had given me. "I don't know about taunting memories but I know if it's what you're thinking, it's not your fault... the mask does bad things to all of us, not like we had a choice" I nodded. "I still can't remember how I turned into a mask but... I'm pretty sure nothing during that was good"

Mayuko handed me a sandwich and a water. "Here you need to eat and drink" I thanked her and opened the food gulping down the water again, a habit I seem to have randomly picked up. "Everyone" we all looked to yuri. "I know we've just been through something super tense but I just got a text from Rikuyas team, there are two masks on this building that need out help, we're going in a few hours, so try and rest up as much as possible" I nodded and so did everyone else. Ein, Yuka, and mayuko. We were a team after all.

"Let's get some sleep, beforehand then" Yu spoke deeply putting his mask back on and covering his face with his his hat. "Huh? Y- sniper mask?" I knocked on his mask a few times. He let out a soft snore. "He's asleep already?" I pondered, what on earth, how'd he fall asleep so fast?! Either way he's right I should definitely get some sleep, even if I don't want to...

I sighed laying my head back on his thigh, it was oddly comfortable and I tried to sleep.