Chapter Two

Bilal

After the Jannaza (Burial) of my friends father. Me and my friends, Lilo and Najeeb got into my car and fell into the queue of cars leaving the graveyard to Ismail’s house to pay our condolence.

Ismail is a close childhood friend of mine and we are all shaken with the sad news.

“Guys can you imagine the crazy thing I did this early morning?”

“What have you done again?” said Najeeb who is sitting at the back.

“Is it not you! I was trying to call your line mistakenly I dialled a ladies number.”

“Haa! Interesting, tell us about it.” Said Lilo and Najeeb just chuckled afterall we are all grieving.

“I was out of airtime on my other phone, so I dialled Najeeb's number on my small phone, afterall I have it on my head. But I guess because I was agitated regarding the news I mistakenly changed the last two digits and then that’s it. But guys her voice was so soothing to the ears.” I made an innocent face portraying my words.
And the guys bust into a fits of laughter.

“Seriously guys!” I said giving them both a knowing look plus I didn’t see what was funny in what I said.

“Man please today is not a good day to laugh out loud. Keep driving don’t worry we will get back to you on this talk, it can never slide.” Said Najeeb smiling and Lilo nod his head in agreement.

“Whatever.” I hiss and shake my head at them.

***

Today was Indeed a long day. We have been together all through with our friend Ismail and running a small errand for his family.

It’s night fall and Najeeb and Lilo just left and I was about leaving too.

“Abokina (my friend.), Words can’t describe how much I really appreciate you, only Allah can repay you back for me. Thank you so much.” Ismail said.

“Haba (come on) Ila, we are already brother’s. Don’t worry, May the Almighty have mercy on Baba and I pray he is in a better place my dear.”  I said while squeezing his shoulders for comfort.

“Ameen. Thank you, good night and drive safe ko.”

“InshaaAllah (If Allah wills.)"
And I got into my BMW car and drove home.

I finally got home around 11p.m and honked for the gate man to open the gate for me.

When I parked my car, I hesitated getting out, I waited a little to reminisce on everything that happened today especially the early morning incident.

Our house is a bungalow, we ain’t too rich but we are so contented that’s what I love about my family. We have a large compound, and our little flat at the back of the main house where me and my brother Mahmud stay.

The main house is where Dad, Mum and my sisters are. We are four and I am the eldest then Hauwa, Mahmud and our kiddo Farida who has recently become something else I am not comfortable with.

I finally got in, I need to greet my parents and bade them good night.

“Assalamualykum.” I said entering the parlour.

“Walykumusallam. Ya Bilal inna wunni (good evening) and welcome back.” Answered Hauwa, who was sitting crossed leg eating tuwo with vegetable soup and watching Arewa24 at the same time.

I don’t know why she won’t sit at the dinning area which is just behind the parlour chair and directly facing the TV.

“For crying out loud what do you people enjoy in watching this station?”

“When you finally tell me what you enjoy in watching football then I will tell you. By the way I am so sorry dear, May Allah shower His mercy on him.” She prayed for my friends father.

“Ameen. Where is Umma and everyone?” (arabic word for mum.)  I asked still standing.

“They are all in their room o. Mahmud just left too.”

I just nod and left to check on Mum, I passed the dinning area and entered the door on the left which leads to my Mother and Farida's room, they share the same corridor, Dad is at the west side of the house.

I knocked and said my salaam and I heard Mum's voice telling me to come in and then she answered my salaam.

I entered and saw Dad sitting beside Mum at the edge of the bed, it was obvious they where gisting before I came and interrupted them.

I sat at on the rug at the foot of the bed
“Inna wunni Abba, Inna wunni Umma. (good evening Dad, good evening Mum.)”

They both answered in union, “Lafiya kalau Bilal. (Fine.)

“How is Ismail and his family?” asked Abba.

“Alhamdulillah (Thank God.) Fine and copping.” I said back looking down.

“May Allah send his rahama to the deceased and May He grant his family the strength to bear the loss.” Abba prayed and Me and Umma replied

“Ameen.”

“Have you eaten dear?” Asked Umma

“Yes, Umma. Alright I am retiring to bed, good night Umma and Abba.” I said to them and rose to leave.

“Alright dear.” They both said.

I finally got to my room, I saw Mahmud playing FIFA in our mini parlour which is a mixture of brown and milk colour and just consists of a small centre rug, three sofa chair, one-seater and a two-seater then our TV stand even though the TV is hung on the wall.

I didn’t pay much attention to him, I just nod my head to his greeting and head to my room which was on the right side, Mahmud’s room is on the left facing my door.

I sighted when I saw the condition of my room because of how I rush leaving this early morning.

Just like the sitting room my room is a colour of just milk and brown, my bed and a three-door wardrobe at the side, my dressing mirror facing the wardrobe and the door to my toilet which was close to the wardrobe.

Clothes are scattered everywhere, I don’t have the energy to arrange a room this late. So I change my clothe to short and a shirt and brushed my teeth.
I shifted all the clothes on the bed to the floor and immediately my head hit the pillow, sleep took over me too.

________

Don't forget to vote, comment and share amigos.

And I hope you enjoying the smooth ride before it gets rough... hahahah

Ciao💙