Geez I need to hurry.

I looked back at Seojun.

"Well this was truly a lovely conversation, but I need to get going."

"Oh okay, see you tomorrow!"

He waved and I smiled back. I walked passed him. I let out of breathe I didn't even know I was holding. I started walking faster to the bus stop, hoping I wouldn't be late.

~

"Byeol, you can't just spike your heart rate like that."

I was now in the doctor's office and my brother is nagging at me. The doctor said my random heart rate spikes wasn't good.

"Stop whining at me. I know it's bad, but sometimes I can't control it."

He sighed and just looked around the room. My mom was awfully quiet.

"Byeol-ah, you can't keep doing this. The doctor said it can lead to something worse."

My mom said.

"I know, but I don't know what triggers it."

I sighed as I leaned back in my chair. The doctor finally came back.

"Okay, so from the results of the test it seems like your heart is okay. I honestly don't know why you get random heart rate spikes."

They started and then paused. They then looked me straight in the eyes.

"Is there perhaps someone you like?"

I looked at him confused.

"I don't mean this in a nosy sense but being around someone that makes you nervous can also make your heart rate out of control."

"No, there's no one."

I responded. They nodded and got up from their seat.

"Well, that should be good for today, see you in a few days."

They smiled and left the room.

"So there's someone else now?"

My brother teased.

"Shut up. There's no one."

I shoved him a bit as we were walking out. I started to get lost in my thoughts, still stuck on what the doctor said.

I don't like anyone. Pssh.

✦ ✦ ✦

Chae Byeol

It was the next day during P.E. I was sitting down on the grass, watching the rest play catch.

I saw Jugyeong talk to Soohi but their conversation was done fast. Soojin, Soo-ah, and Jugyeong walked over to me.

They were talking about random things when Taehoon cut them off.