Chapter 5

Class 2A sit and wait for their next teacher to arrive. It's the last class for the day and everyone is ready to get back to the dorms. Midoriya is staring out the window when a bunch of whispers catch his ear.

"Come on this is our chance to ask," someone says.

"Yeah, well I'm not going to ask her, you do it," Kaminari replies.

"Stop being a coward and just do it," Jiro chips in.

"Not you too, come on guys," Sero pleas.

"I'll do it," Kirishima says loud enough for everyone to hear.

The class turns to him as he gets up and makes his way to the back of the class to stand in front of 7's desk. She looks up at him with a blank expression.

After she doesn't say anything he continues, "We were wondering if we could ask you a few questions, you know, to get to know you a bit better."

She drops her eyes from him and looks around at the rest of the class, now looking at her.

"Since we have some time to kill," he continues in a positive tone, "why not do it now? Everyone's here too, so you won't have to repeat anything later."

She looks back at him staring into his eyes. He starts getting a bit nervous, unable to read her expression when she suddenly gives a smile, switching to a lighter, happier tone.

"Sure!" she replies as she jumps up and skips to the front of the class. "So what-cha wanna know?"

She rocks on the balls of her feet, holing her hands behind her back, with a bright, almost comical smile plastered on her face. Her eyes shining like a kid's in a candy store.

Kirishima is extremely taken aback by this, the rest of the class perk up, surprised by the sudden change in mood.

"Um, well, who as a question they'd like to ask?" he asks as he comes back to his senses and makes his way back to his seat.

Ashido wastes no time, "Where'd you disappear to last night?"

There is a murmur as 7 nods her head and answers, "I went to my room. I wanted to put away my things but when I got there, the place was all dusty so I cleaned it. When I went back down, everyone had gone to bed so I ended up watching some TV. Oh, the muffins were great by the way." She turns to Sato and gives him a warm smile, "Thanks!"

"Wait, where did you sleep?" Yoayorozu asks. "You weren't in my room when I woke up and no-one saw you in the lounge."

"I crashed on the couch," she tilts her head slightly, "and I got up pretty early, so we just missed each other, I guess."

"If you came down when everyone had already gone up and then left before everyone woke up, between Tokoyami staying up and Midoriya going out for training, you didn't get much if any sleep," Todoroki adds, looking at her suspiciously.

The class turns to her with confuses faces, waiting for an explanation.

"I don't know what to tell you," she closes her eyes and brings one hand up to her chin. "Any other questions?"

The class blinks at her, a mix of concern and suspicion in their eyes. Midoriya suddenly remembers something he wanted to ask about.

"Hey, what's that thing you wear around your neck?"

"I was wondering the same thing, it had a red light that kept flashing yesterday, after you were knocked unconscious by Bakugo," Shoji adds.

Midoriya's eyes widened slightly.