Please, Just Stop.

Começar do início

"You're so infuriating!"

"Come on, Regulus. You can't just avoid me. I care about you!"

"Yeah, well, you shouldn't," Regulus yelled.

James rubbed a hand over his face and sighed. "I just want to understand, you have a breakdown, hurt yourself, and then try to avoid me. I thought we were getting somewhere."

"Just leave me alone!"

"Stop trying to push me away." James looked hurt, and it made Regulus feel guilty.

"Please. Just stop."

"Fine. You know what fine! If you wanna be mopey and sad and alone, then fine. I've spent the past two days trying to help you, and you keep turning me away. So you know what, I'm done."

"Good," Regulus spat, throwing himself onto his bed. Anger coursed through his veins.

"Good," James echoed, also getting into his bed with an exaggerated huff.

Regulus didn't even understand himself why he was so mad. He knew James had only been trying to help. Ever since Regulus hurt his hand James had been pestering him to tell what happened. How do you tell someone your abusive mother sent you hateful messages and you couldn't deal with it anymore? You couldn't. And James' insistence was annoying him.

So, Regulus being Regulus decided to take it up with James. In their room, at 10 pm. He was glad for the thick walls because even though they were trying hard not to be too loud, Regulus couldn't help but feel the whole house could hear them.

Regulus shuffled around in bed and tried to fall asleep. There was rain falling heavily against the roof. Sometimes, Regulus found the rain comforting, it was background noise. There would be heavy showers back home, and he'd sit with his head resting against the window, listening to the sound of raindrops on the glass.

Now it was just irritating. Another thing keeping him awake.

I want to smoke.

Regulus huffed and re-adjusted his pillow.

And I also...

Want...

To sleep...

***
Thunder boomed outside and Regulus shook awake. He sat up and took in a few deep breaths.

Fucking thunderstorms.

Regulus tried to calm his heart rate and took in a few more deep breaths, but then there was another loud crash and he jolted. The duvet dropped around him and Regulus walked cautiously over to James' bed, trying not to jump at the slightest sound.

James was spread out like a starfish, mouth slightly parted and hair even messier than normal. Regulus leaned over the sleeping boy, nudging him with his arm. "James?" he whispered. "James..."

After a few moments of prodding and poking, James finally stirred. "Regulus?" His eyes opened slightly and he stared questioningly at Regulus. "What's wrong?"

A loud clap of thunder caused Regulus to shake violently and he squeezed his eyes tight. "I, erm..." he opened and locked eyes with James, who had sat up a little more.

"Hey, It's alright." James moved over, freeing space beside him, and then lifted the covers. Regulus looked uncertain but climbed into bed next to him anyway.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," he muttered.

"It's okay. Thunder used to scare me as a kid. I know what It's like." James smiled at Regulus before closing his eyes. But Regulus still couldn't fall asleep.

"I'm sorry, James," Regulus whispered quietly. He felt James reach out and arm and pull him closer by the waist. They were both laying on their sides, Regulus' face inches away from James' chest. "Shhh. I know. It's okay, Baby Black." Regulus shuffled closer so that his body was pressed right up against James'.

He took in a deep breath and relaxed. The thunder didn't sound so loud as he laid in James' embrace. James leant down and pressed a kiss to the top of Regulus head. "Are you feeling better now?" he murmured sleepily.

Regulus nodded and James' hold tightened. "Good."

There was silence, but Regulus still couldn't completely settle. "Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me, Reg."

Regulus turned his head up to look at James' face. His eyes were open and watching the younger boy carefully. Tiredness intoxicated Regulus' brain, and without thinking, he leant forwards slowly. Gently, he pressed a small kiss to James' lips, before pulling back and smiling slightly. "No, I really do."

Regulus shifted back down and curled into James again, focusing on the feel of warm fingers brushing his lower back.

__________
Just some cute fluff because I was feeling sad today and needed to cheer myself up. Please let me know if there are any mistakes :)