𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿.

Start from the beginning

"you'll be wasting that precious time," frankie mumbles, crossing her arms. "i'm wasting my time with you."

the redhead laid on her back, staring at the ceiling. lucas turned his body, his eyes trained on her face. "stop staring."

the blonde didn't listen. he got himself comfortable in his position. lucas knew frankie would crack at some point, and he wanted to be there to help her.

as time went by lucas, felt his eyelids get heavier. frankie knew in a couple of more minutes lucas would be asleep. once she heard his soft snores, she knew he was out.

frankie has been uncomfortable for about two and a half hours laying on her back. she hated laying on her back.

the redhead flipped on her stomach, putting her hands under her pillow and sighing softly. "hey," lucas mumbles, his eyes barely open.

frankie turned her head to face his, "hi. i thought you were sleeping."

"i was. you moving around a lot woke me up." lucas smiles, rubbing his eyes. "are you ready to talk now?"

"there's nothing to tell," frankie mumbles closing her eyes. "i think there is. i mean, you yelled at me more than once, and then you slam the door in my face." she ignored him.

"hey..." he whispers, placing a hand on her cheek. "talk to me."

"i'm fine, really." lucas didn't believe her. "frankie..."

"notice how she never came. it's eleven pm, and maya never came over to talk to me. whenever we get into a fight, she always came through my door at ten to talk. and you want to know where she is right now?" frankie asks softly. "with riley."

"i just had to understand that we aren't going to be as close anymore. we're still going to be best friends, just not best friends." lucas slowly rubbed his thumb on her cheek.

"then i'll be here. i don't want you to do the same things you did with maya, and i want us to make new plans. so i'm sorry to say this, but you're stuck with me." lucas chuckles, moving his hand away.

"you want to be my new best friend?" frankie asks with a grin. "yes, i do. how about tomorrow we make a plan for us to hang out like you did with maya, just with new activities?"

frankie jumped up from her bed, turning her lamp on. "how about we do it now." she walks over to her closet, grabbing a poster board and markers. "go over to the desk, and in the first draw, can you get three pieces of paper? we need to make a rough draft."

"what color?" frankie shrugs, sitting on the floor. "you choose." lucas grabbed a light green, pink, and grey. "good choice."

he sat on the floor, smiling up at her. "this will take a long time, so get ready."

"oh, i'm ready." frankie smiles, throwing him a set of markers. "write down things you found cool in new york, and i'll write down mine."

abby walked in with two plates of food. "dad's home?"

"yeah, but i told him you weren't feeling well, so he wouldn't come up and bother you two." they both took the plate from her hands. "thank you."

"uh, lucas, can you help me with the drinks?" the strawberry blonde asked him. "sure." he got off the floor quickly. lucas followed her down the stairs.

"please don't hurt her." lucas furrowed his eyebrows looking between abby and her father. "i know maya and frankie aren't as close anymore. and i know she's hurting, and you seem like the only person to help her forget about the pain."

she sighs, leaning on her dad, "i'm just saying, please don't leave her like maya is. i don't think she can deal with another person leaving her for someone else."