chapter 5: d-127

"I built up a wall against others but it
seemed like that wall was invisible to you."

<Dreaming About You - Miyeon>

And as it turned out, making friends with Jisoo was one of the worst, or best, decisions Taehyung had ever made - at least, in that moment, he had yet to decide.

Sure, she had talked to Hyeyoung for him as she had promised.

And of course, she seemed to have a way with kids.

Because within a couple of days, Hyeyoung seemed to be back to normal again, calling her appa ever-so-fondly like she used to.

So naturally, Taehyung was grateful to her.

The only problem was... did she cross the boundaries sometimes?

Yes.

In fact, more often than what Taehyung was used to.

"Kim Taehyung-ssi."

Taehyung looked up just as the nurse entered the room. "Yes?"

"The doctor instructed me to help you change into this set of clothes," the nurse instructed as she placed a light blue set of clothes at the foot of his bed. "Your radiation therapy is starting soon."

Taehyung's hands instinctively flew to his chest as he looked at the nurse in horror. "Y-You're- You're... helping... me?"

The nurse gave him a blank look.

"R-Really?" Taehyung stammered as he let out a nervous chuckle, ruffling his hair a little. "I mean... I'm not used to having someone helping me change, but if you really insist-"

"You can change on your own if you prefer, sir."

"Oh, thank God-" Taehyung let out a sigh of relief as he glanced at the nurse cautiously. "I was wondering how I was gonna change with someone watching me-"

"I'll wait for you outside then, Kim Taehyung-ssi."

Taehyung nodded and waited for the nurse to leave the room before the smile slowly faded from his face. Then his eyes slowly shifted onto the set of clothes, as his nerves slowly began to set in.

The day has finally arrived... the day in which he was scheduled to start radiotherapy.

On one hand, Taehyung knew that he needed it. To destroy the cancer cells before they spread even more, radiation therapy was required on top of chemotherapy, to facilitate optimal recovery. However, knowing this, Taehyung was still afraid. Clearly, this was his first time - in his entire 27 years of life, he had never had the need to go through anything quite like this. Prior to this, he had read up a lot on what radiation was. Being strapped to the radiation machine and left all alone in the room while the radiation was left to do its thing... the whole idea lowkey freaked Taehyung out.

With a sigh, Taehyung got to his feet and shuffled over to the table, before slowly unbuttoning his shirt and slipping his hands out of the sleeves. He was so busy changing, that he hadn't even realised the petite figure standing by the door.