Chapter 96: Hardin

Start from the beginning

"I'm happy it was Nora who chose my outfit." She laughs. "If it were Landon, I would be concerned."

"I figured so."

Tessa gathers all her toiletries into one hand. "I'm going to shower since I can't fix this..." She circles her face with her index finger. "...without a shower."

"Am I allowed to join?" I walk with her to the bathroom, but stop outside the entrance. She steps to the side and sweeps out her arm, granting me entry.

-

Tessa and I spend a little too long in the shower just touching and groping each other. Our skin is now pruny and the water has grown cold.

"Okay, we should get out now. The water is cold and I'm starving." She pulls her lips away from mine, putting an end to our fun. I agree, but continue to kiss her as she attempts to get out of the shower and throw on a robe. Many giggles escape her lips as mine tickle her neck, her shoulder, and her back.

"Can you relax for like two seconds? I have to get dressed." She pushes me away as she tries to get dressed.

"I'm sorry, I can't help it." I place one last kiss on her shoulder before finally getting dressed myself. I take my towel and harshly rub my hair to dry it faster. With the fuzzy white robe still on, Tessa dries her damp hair to the best of her abilities, putting it in a low bun. I brush my teeth next to her as she leaves to get dressed.

"You ready?" I pop back out with my sweatshirt in hand.

She looks up at me with a concerned face. "We have a problem."

"They don't fit?" I walk over to inspect the situation. She demonstrates to me how they don't button over her stomach.

"We can always buy you something to wear. We're in the middle of New York fucking City, there has to be somewhere we can get you some clothes."

"I'll wear this dress that's a little too fancy for just getting breakfast." She places the dress on the bed next to her Tim's, I think she calls them.

"This just isn't a dress normally worn with Tom's." Ah, Tom's. Close enough.

"It'll have to do. Do you see what some of the people in this city wear? That's the least of your problems." I chuckle as she puts on the dress. "Plus, we should get you pregnant woman clothes, right?"

She laughs. "It's called maternity wear, and yes. I could use more. The dress that I'm wearing now is supposed to go down to my knees, but my stomach causes it to rise up a little. Not a crazy amount, but definitely a noticeable amount."

"We can do that after we eat."

She holds her stomach. "I could eat an entire horse right now."

"Okay..." I hand her the jacket she wore yesterday and hold the door open for her to leave. "Let's get some food in you before you eat the entire city."

-

"I'll have an omelette with swiss cheese, bacon, sausage, onion, peppers, cherry tomatoes and spinach with a side of buttermilk pancakes with extra maple syrup and two hash browns... oh and an extra side of bacon along with that too, please."

The waitress' mouth is to the floor, along with mine.

"I'll just have an egg sandwich with bacon and cheddar cheese." I say after that mouthful Tessa just told the woman.

The waitress, Donna it says her name is, takes a deep breath. "So, I have one omelette with swiss cheese, bacon, sausage, onion, peppers, cherry tomatoes and spinach with a side of buttermilk pancakes, two hash browns, and bacon." She takes another deep breath. "and a bacon, egg and cheese with cheddar instead of American."