Chapter 14 - Shaadi Season

Start from the beginning

"Hey guys, I'll be back yeah? Zara come with me." Hussain held Zara's hand and pulled her away before we could even reply.

"He's so cute." Arisha chuckled. I nodded.

"Hey, let's go say hi to Waqas!" Arisha started to pull me by the arm but I stopped her. For some reason, I didn't want to see Waqas. I felt really nervous.

"I need to go to the washroom. You go. I'll talk to him later." I walked away before Arisha could say anything else. I could hear her calling me but I didn't look back. I wasn't really concentrating on anything until I bumped into someone and they spilt their drink on me. I looked up to see...Waqas. Yep. Waqas. He was looking at me but he didn't say anything. I was actually speechless being in the presence of someone so hot. I opened my mouth to apologise but Waqas cut me off.

"What are you doing here?" He said in an annoyed voice. The old Waqas was back. But I was actually thinking we were becoming friends. My eyes filled up with tears.

"I didn't want to be here." I said angrily, gritting my teeth.

"So why are you here then?" Waqas frowned. How could he say that? Especially when we were just starting to get along.

"Ask your friends." I said and pushed past him before my tears could fall. I went into the washroom and stood over the basin. My tears started to fall off my eyes onto the basin. How could he be so cruel? He looked like such a friendly person but when it was me, he didn't care at all. But why did this affect me so much? I didn't like him and he didn't like me. I washed my face and dryed my tears. I checked myself in the mirror to see if I looked alright and went outside. I couldn't see Waqas anywhere luckily but I saw Arisha standing with Shehry, Najma and Zara. I walked over to them.

"Hey Faiza, where were you?" Najma smiled. I smiled back.

"Washroom." I replied shortly.

"Did you talk to Waqas?" Arisha asked. I nodded.

"I saw him on the way. Arisha, I think we should go." I said.

"Go already? You just came. Stay for a bit." Shehry tried to persuade us. I shook my head.

"I have to get up early tomorrow." I lied.

"Oh come on Faiza! Please stay for a bit! Waqas would appreciate it. Stay till the end so when all the guests leave, it'll be just us." Najma pleaded. No. Waqas wouldn't appreciate it.

"Yeah let's stay. Please." Arisha tried to convince me. I sighed.

"Okay, not for long though." I smiled forcefully. Arisha went back to talking to Najma. I decided to sit at one of the empty tables. I just wanted to go. As long as I never see Waqas again.

"Hey." A voice came from my right. I looked to see a guy sitting unusually close to me. I moved a bit to my left.

"I'm Farhan." He introduced himself. I ignored him and kept looking at the guests.
"That's how you're going to play it huh? How about we go somewhere a little more private?" He smirked. I had the sudden urge to slap him in the face.

"Leave me alone." I gritted my teeth. He chuckled.

"Playing hard to get? Baby, that just makes me want you more." He said in a raspy voice. I suddenly felt a hand on my lap. What the hell?! I quickly stood and started to walk away when he held onto my wrist.

"Where you going baby? Aao na. (Come.) Sit here." He smiled creepily patting his lap.

"Let go!" I shouted at him. He stood up.

"Shut up! Scream one more time and I'll kiss you right there." He laughed. Allah help me. He snaked an arm around my waist. I tried to push him away when suddenly someone punched him in the face hard. I turned around to see Waqas! But he had a dangerous look on his face. He went down to Farhan and punched him again. And again. And again. Until Farhan had a bloody nose and a cut on his lip.