𝗱𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁

Start from the beginning

       'Get them back together―?' Midori suggested. 

      'The company won't let them,' Jay told the two. 

      'They can't force them apart. . .' Midori frowned. 

      'It's either that or they leave the company. As much as they love each other, they know what's best for them and their groups,' Jay explained. 

      'Beomgyu-hyung told me that the company will let them get back together soon when things have calmed down,' Naito said. 

      'I don't understand. . .' Ni-ki chimed in, having joined the conversation not too long ago. 'They rarely met anyway. . .'

      'It's the thought that matters, knowing that they don't have each other anymore,' Midori told him, giving him a quick glance. 

      'It's like me forbidding you from talking to Midori, would you be happy about that?' Naito asked, raisng an eyebrow at the younger boy. 

      'Not particularly no. . .' Ni-ki trailed off.

Jay cast Naito a look. 

      'What―?' Naito quickly defended himself. 'It's true!'

      'That wasn't the best example. . .' Jay grimaced. 

      'Right. . .' Naito began. 'Do you have a better one?'

Naito was met with silence, causing his lips to curl into a victorious smirk.

      'Have you heard?' Ni-ki spoke up again, changing the subject. 'They're debuting a new girl group 2022. K-hyung practised with one of them from that group, he mentioned something about fearless too. . .'

      'Perhaps that's their concept?' Midori questioned, curious about the debuting girl group.

      'Who was the person he practised with?' Naito asked, brows furrowed. 

      'Kylie something. . . maybe Kaylee. . . I don't know,' Ni-ki answered truthfully, lips turning into a sheepish smile. 

      'Kaycee?' Midori asked, eyes darting between Naito and Ni-ki. 

      'Oh yeah!' Ni-ki's face lit up. 'Kaycee was her name!'

      'She's debuting?' Jay cut in, face serious. He knew, they all knew ― except for Ni-ki that is. The boy had been asleep when Naito told them about Kaycee. 

Midori snorted. 'No, she's not.'

      'What? Yea she is, K-hyung said that. . .' Ni-ki frowned, not understanding why they all seemed to be hostile. 

      'Riki. . .' Midori began, placing a hand on his upper arm. 'Kaycee is an old acquaintance of ours―' she cast Naito a quick look. '―she hurt me once. . .'

Slightly taking hold of the hem of her shirt, Midori lifted it slightly. The scar was small and not something that bothered her or made her feel insecure, but that did not stop the fact that it was there. And the scar was there because Kaycee had been jealous and afraid.

      'Oh. . .' Ni-ki put his hand out, fingertips about to meet her skin when Naito took hold of his wrist, slowly lowering his hand. Eyes flickering from Midori to Naito, Ni-ki saw the way Naito slowly shook his head, a silent warning. 

      'She had to be rushed to the hospital,' Naito added, noticing the way Ni-ki's face slowly morphed into a worried one. 

      'It wasn't that bad,' Midori reassured him, having noticed the same thing too. 

      'Well she can't hurt you now, can she?' Ni-ki asked, glancing at Jay. 'You're safe here, right? With us?'

Slowly nodding, Midori's heart slightly fluttered at his questions. He was worried about her. 'Yes,' she answered. 'I am. 

      'Are you 100% sure she's debuting?' Naito asked Ni-ki. 

Ni-ki quickly nodded. 

      'If it's the new girl group it's fine, right? They're debuting under Source Music so we won't have to interact,' Jay voiced his thoughts. 'But if she's participating in the new season of I-LAND and debuts then we're going to have to do something.'

      'What if we don't?' Naito pondered. 'I mean. . . if she has made it this far, she must be talented? And what if this is actually her dream. . ?'

      'Even if it is, debuting under the same company, the company that hasn't debuted a girl group in forever, the same company whose last girl group turned into a big scandal. . .' Midori trailed off. 'That's a risky thing.'

      'Source Music has had girl groups before,' Naito muttered. 

      'But this will be Big Hits first girl group after years,' Jay argued. 

Midori looked into Naito eyes. 'Kaycee was never interested in singing, dancing or rapping. Never.'

      'Does she come from a wealthy family?' Jay asked the twins. 

      'She does,' Naito confirmed. 

      'Then that settles it, no? She could have paid her way in,' Ni-ki suggested with a small shrug. 

Exhaling a small sigh, Naito ran his hands over his face. 'In that case. . . she can't have any talent. She'll be ripped apart by the fans.'

      'It's your call, Naito,' said Midori, hand finding his. 

      'We have to get her out somehow,' he said. 'If she's capable of hurting someone out of jealousy―'

      'Her members won't be safe around her. . .' Ni-ki trailed off, coming to a realisation. 

      'Exactly,' Naito nodded. 

      'Let's inform the others then!'