Bud Omen😦

It was Lisa.

She was dressed in her gym clothes again had a thin layer of sweat on the side of her face. Her long hair was in a neat ponytail making her look as if she belonged in a commercial's hair advertisement.

Her eyes connected with mine and shock turned into something else as she let out a deep chuckle.

"Are you okay?" She asked, picking herself up and offering me a hand. I clasped onto her hand and watched as her concern turned into a smile.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry for side tackling you though, I wasn't watching where I was going." She let go of my hand and waved off my apology. Why did I feel a sudden disappointment?

She looked at me for a second and then back in the direction of what looked to be gym doors. "Yeah I figured, I was just trying to get out of class for a second. Coach has us doing laps around the gym and I couldn't handle running in a circle another second," she scratched the back of her neck and shifted from foot to foot.

Looking at her up close, I realize how beautiful she is. I don't know how to describe it but it's like she can be both handsome and beautiful at the same time. She's painstakingly beautiful even in simple clothes, it hurts . Oh come on, Chaeyoung!

"So what are you doing out of class?" She asked after a few seconds of glancing anywhere but at me.

"Oh! I really have to go to the bathroom! Do you know where one is?"

She pointed to something behind me, "right there."

I thanked her and turned to walk into the restroom but she called out, "Chaeyoung, wait."

I turned back, wondering how much longer I could hold it in before I burst, "Yeah?" I asked curtly,

"Bowling!"

When she didn't elaborate I motioned for her to continue and she chuckled nervously, "Oh, well the group is planning to go bowling tomorrow night. Would you maybe, um, maybe want to join us?"

"I would love too! Just let me know when and where and I'll be there"

She beamed from ear to ear, brown eyes sparkling with excitement, "Awesome. Yeah okay, cool."

For a second, my legs feel wobbly. That smile. Okay don't lose your cool, Chaeyoung.

"It was nice to see you, Lisa" I hastily said then turned my back.

"Uhh, Chaeyoung?" She hesitantly called again. I turned around and smiled.

"Uhm, yeah?"

"Nice socks by the way" she pointed at my pastel pink socks which I recently bought.

I chuckled. "Thanks for complimenting them. I like your shoes, too!"

"Thanks!" She said with a little more enthusiasm than I expected. "You should go and pee" she laughs.

"Oh right, I almost forgot"  Lisa chuckled then turned and disappeared back into the gym. I dashed into the bathroom and closed the door behind me.

I was washing my hands when I heard the bell ring. Crap, I totally missed the rest of class. I dried my hands off and darted back out into the hallway so that I could get back to the theater to grab my stuff.

I walked through the auditorium doors and stopped when I saw that Lilah was talking to Iris. She was whispering something at her angrily and she was just shrugging her shoulders and smiling at her. Lilah caught my entrance out of the corner of her eyes, and her dark ones pierced me like an arrow.