𝟒 ⇢ 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐖𝐎

Start from the beginning

•••

you sat in the library, waiting. it was quiet, like usual, and you leaned your head on your hands, watching other students do their work or read at the tables.

a quick look at your phone told you that kuroo was already 8 minutes late. you guessed it was a bad habit of his to be late to things.

he finally showed up at the entrance, accompanied, of course, by kasumi. she said something to him, and he said something back. you saw her shrug, and then throw her arms around kuroo's neck and jump up. he was forced to catch her by the back of her thighs, and she wrapped her legs around him. she kissed his jaw and neck, making a big spectacle for everyone to see.

you raised an eyebrow in disgust. she was doing a little too much considering the fact that they weren't dating. without context, it could have looked like they'd been dating for years.

you eventually had to look away, feeling like you were interrupting something. you felt a little dejected. it was just another reminder that kuroo was a player, and that you should stop letting yourself feel things before you got in too deep.

finally kasumi took her hands off of kuroo and walked away from him with a wave. he waved back and then walked through the doors. he locked eyes with you, and smirked. it annoyed you.

he walked into the private study room the two of you had used last time.

you took a deep breath and stood up, grabbing your backpack and slowly making your way to the room. your head was on a swivel to make sure no one noticed your actions.

you opened the door to the study room and slipped inside quickly.

"hey." kuroo was already getting his books out of his backpack when you turned to face him. 

"hi, kuroo." you smiled at him.

"sorry you had to see that." his tone was a teasing one. "she's kind of-"

"it's fine," you said quickly, interrupting him. you didn't want to hear it, so you gave him a playful smile. "and by the way, if you wanted to apologize, you should apologize to the entire library. not just me."

he looked away from you, not saying anything. you put your backpack down and sat in the chair across from him. you pulled out your computer.

"why do you always hang out with her anyways? you're not dating, are you?" you asked, but then realized what had just come out of your mouth. "sorry." you looked at him with wide, apologetic eyes. "that was probably too personal."

kuroo shrugged. "good sex."

you pressed your lips together, not sure how to react to his words.

kuroo sighed. "but she's so fucking possessive over me. it's so weird." he opened his workbook. "and all the pda or whatever you see is just some weird show she puts on for everyone to see."

"oh."

"i'm honestly so tired of it, but she won't let me cut her off."

excitement bubbled up in your stomach at the idea of kuroo not being emotionally attached to kasumi, but you scolded yourself and pushed it down. all this was probably stressful for him, but you had to remind yourself that kuroo was not innocent. he'd broken hearts, used girls for their bodies.

"sorry, kuroo. i didn't know." you said politely, but he only chuckled.

he shrugged, then something seemed to occur to him. "why?" he suddenly asked you, his mouth spreading into a smirk. "are you jealous?"