Chapter 1

10 years ago I saw my mother die right before my very eyes. I soon learned that an organization named Hydra had taken me because of the powers I possessed. My "father", Dr. Henrik Volkov had sent a team to retrieve me at any means necessary. The first 4 years I was at Hydra I had a power suppressing collar on at all times. Dr. Volkov wanted my blood and DNA to recreate my powers so they could create an unstoppable army, I swore I would never help him. Every subject they tested on died, as bad as I felt for the other victims nothing brought me more pleasure than knowing I was standing in between Dr. Volkov and his dreams. On my 16th birthday he brought me a "present" and injected me with something knows as the super soldier serum. I was a one of a kind, fast, strong, telekinetic and invisible.

Once Hydra was confident that the serum was successful in my body, they decided to have me train with their best. A man they called the Winter Soldier. I had heard stories from the guards about him, apparently he was credited with over 100 assassinations of government officials in the last 50 years. They kept him on ice and would wake him up whenever they needed him for a mission. I don't remember my first fight against him, I didn't remember any fights against him actually. Hydra thought the best way to test my abilities was to brainwash me just like they did to him. Once I had been activated my missions was to disable the other asset. That's how they found out I possessed psychic persuasion. During a training I forced him to kneel before me on the ground before knocking him unconscious.

Our cells were side by side. And whenever he wasn't activated i tried to talk to him, his expression something between scared and distant. There was something about him that was familiar. It took me over a year of trying for him to actually engage in a conversation. He didn't remember much from his time before Hydra. On good nights he would play tic-tac-toe with me on the reinforced glass separating the two of you. It's been 6 years since you've started working with the metal armed man. He didn't know his name. But I did know he hated being called the Winter Soldier. Just about as much as I hated the nickname Dr. Volkok gave me, he insisted on calling me his little Shadow, his Shadow Soldier.

The first time I was knocked unconscious during a mission I came too not long after seeing the horrors of the assassination the Winter Soldier and myself had been sent to complete. I cried and screamed trying to escape but he forcibly drug me back to the Hydra agents waiting to bring us back to the facility, my outburst earning me a round of ECT. It wasn't until a couple months ago that my partner experienced a similar mission, he wasn't hysterical but he was confused. He kept himself content playing his part until later that night he said a man in a suit called out to him saying "I'm gonna find you Bucky." I couldn't understand how anyone would know who he was. He had been in and out ice for the past 50 years and didn't look a day over 30. He was convinced that Bucky sounded so familiar to him. So I went with it. I wasn't even close to as far gone as he was, but as long as I hadn't been activated I could still remember who I was before Hydra turned my life upside down.

We were on a first name basis after 6 years working together. Bucky had opened up to me and shared one memory he had from when Hydra first tried to make an army of super soldiers, someone made a mistake when programming the other soldier, their commands weren't the same as his. Maybe a bad translation but after the other soldiers heard their commands they bowed their heads in unison repeating "готовы подчиниться," he was sent on a mission with the rest of them and tried to escape, clearly he was not successful. But that information gave me an idea and slowly I had hatched a plan to escape. Since then I knew that I could trust the man behind the glass, and as much as we both hated Hydra the nights were easier to get through together. I was thankful to at least have him.

___________________________________

One night I woke up to Bucky knocking on the shared glass, he pointed at the siren light flashing. The facility was going under lockdown and knew we would both be command activated over the speakers. I look to Bucky frantically and started rip foam out from the bottom of the cot, telling him to do the same. Stuffing pieces of the foam deep into your ears hoping it with be enough to stop your activation. The voice over the loud speakers booms through you chest but the voice itself muffled you can barely make out what they're saying but you don't need too. Once the vibration from the speaker stopped I stood to my feet and bow you head like Bucky told you to repeating the phrase "готовы подчиниться," the cell doors unlock as I prepared myself for battle. Guards waiting by the doors to send us to the front gate, I followed Bucky's lead, secretly praying the foam had been enough to fault his activation. As we entered an elevator just the two of us, keeping your heads low as it lifts up to the battle.