Chapter 8

"I have an idea." He smirks knowingly.

"Oh yeah?" I look him straight in his eyes that are a different shade of green than before. Looking like a dark green forest that I'm just dying to explore.

"Mhhmmm" Asher's stare becomes hard and dark.

I walk over to him gaining a random streak of confidence. Climbing on top of him so I'm straddling him, he grabs my hips and my breath hitches.

"And what might that be?" I ask although I think I know what it is and I'm not complaining.

All in one motion he picks me up and throws me to the other side of the couch. For a second I lie in shock of what just happened.

I look over to see him grinning from ear to ear. I grab the pillow next to me and throw it at him.

He laughs. "I was talking about a wrestling match. I don't know what you were thinking."

"Bitch!" I jump over to him, and push him down to the floor.

He pulls me down with him and flips us so he's on top of me. He brings his hands up and starts to wiggle them. My eyes widen with fear.

"NOOO!" I scream when his hands find there way to my sides and start tickling. I twist and turn trying to find my way out of his legs, my cheeks and stomach beginning to feel sore from laughing, but fail when he tickles me some more.

I manage to grab a pillow without him noticing and wack him off of me.

I quickly get on top of him to make sure he doesn't move.

"You don't really think I'm ticklish do you?" He questions me.

"You have to be" I sigh exasperated.

"Go ahead and try." He nods his head as to signal to try. His black curls bouncing as he does.

"Okay here goes nothing." I mutter. I begin to tickle his sides.

Nothing.

His armpits? Nope.

Stomach, everybody is tickles there.

Nothing.

I flair my arms in defeat. "How are you not ticklish?"

"Because I'm god." He says flipping us over once again.

"Said no one ever." I scoff.

"Oh really?"

"Mhmm." I confidently nod.

He flips me around so I'm on my stomach with one of his hands pinning my arms behind my back, and my cheek touching cold wood floor. Putting his other hand on my waist, and pulling me down.

I feel him leaning down as his breath fanned my neck for what felt like a lifetime.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that little girl." He whispers in my ear deeply.

I close my eyes.

What is happening!?!

He flips me back over with my hands still pinned but this time above my head with both of his hands. His hair falling down to slightly cover his face. I look at his eyes that look right back at mine. I look down at his parted lips wondering how they taste.

"Azaya?" Asher says lowly as if not wanting to break me.

"Yeah?" I breathe.

"Can I kiss you?" He asks desperately.

I nod.

He pushes his lips onto mine, slow but deep. He slides his right hand down my body onto my waist. He pauses to look at me.