Chapter 4: Your Words, Not Ours

Start from the beginning

Scarlet POV

''Looks like another one joined the chase'' I pointed out, watching a red haired boy run almost next to the man. He was a fast kid full of stamina.

''Isn't that just wonderful'' Jeff rolled his eyes, looking forward.

''But I'm impressed, they didn't give up yet''

''True, they seem trained''

''Maybe they are''

While we were talking, I noticed we arrived to the bottom of a pretty high cliff. I looked up to see any way I could scale this rock wall, because I didn't want the strangers to see me use my powers and jump that high.

And I don't think Jeff would let me hold him bridal-style like I always do with Jane when we get stuck in a dead end on a mission anyway.

''Seems like you found a dead end'' The boy chuckled, panting from the run.

The man stopped slightly in front of him, panting as well. Meanwhile me and Jeff didn't break that much of a sweat.

''Yeah, but you seem at deaths door with that lack of oxygen'' Jeff chuckled, seeing the man glare and the boy look at us with an amused grin.

''Who are you and what is your objective here? Are you here to take down the octopus?'' The man asked, regaining his breath.

''Why should we tell you, old man?'' Jeff spoke with a grin. The man glared again, but the boy just looked like he was having fun.

''If you don't answer, I'll have to detain you'' The man warned.

''Is that a threat?'' I raised my brow.

''It's a warning''

''Then come at us, old man'' Jeff beckoned him with a smirk.

''You're giving me no choice then. Akabane, step back'' The man said, getting into a fighting position.

''Are you kidding teach? I will never abandon the opportunity to fight!'' The boy looked at us with a grin.

What surprised me was bloodlust.

This kid had  bloodlust.

Just like the blue-haired boy, but this one was stronger. That can't be a coincidence.

''Sorry, but I don't fight little brats like you'' I grinned back, showing a bit of my bloodlust as well, shoving away the previous thought. But he just chuckled and charged right at me.

''Oh well, I warned you'' I told to myself, seeing that the man was running at Jeff who was ready to fight as ever.

'I am seriously about to fight a kid'

''Try not to kill him, ok? The rest of the class might get suspicious of their absence and search for them and it'll become a pain in the ass'' I muttered, only for Jeff to roll his eyes in annoyance and nod.

Why do I get the feeling he isn't gonna listen to a word I said?

Meanwhile, the boy got closer, finally throwing a punch. I simply jumped back, taking hold of his arm and pulling him past me.  He saved his fall by doing a barrel roll and jumping onto his feet right after, not waiting with his next move. His fist again went in for a punch. As I leaned away, something made me fall onto by back.  He tripped me.

'He's not that bad for a kid. But I won't be needing you for this, Skyler'

'I'd call you weak if you did'

He went in to pounce, but in a quick moment I kicked him away and got up. He wasn't doing any progress in his attacks and it showed on his slightly annoyed expression; meanwhile for me, it felt like I was swatting away a fly.