Chapter 5

I woke up feeling horrible. I really didn't have the energy to face some people at school today. I don't want to go to school. I wanted to tell my mum that I don't want to go to school, but she won't listen. If I told her what's happening, she'll make a big deal out of it. I don't want that to happen. The only thing I could do was pretend to be sick. But how? Lucky for me, I'm great at fake coughing. So I pretended to go back to sleep. So has this ever happened to you? - you pretend to sleep then you actually fall asleep. Well that just happened. About three hours later my mum wakes me up.

"Why aren't you awake? You have school today!" she yelled.

This is my cue to start coughing.

"Mum, I'm not feeling well" *starts coughing more* .
"Ugh fine, you can stay at home today, but if you don't feel better tomorrow you'll still go school. Okay?" She said.
"Okay mum." *starts coughing again*
"Now I have to go work, I'll come back at 5pm today, because I have a lot to do. Um and also, take care of yourself. Bye," she told me.
"Okay. Bye," I replied.

Yes!! It worked. I'm home-alone 'til 5. It was my turn to now message Sophie and tell her I'm not coming school today. So I messaged her. I decided to relax a little and also catch up today. So I made myself a delicious breakfast, I took a shower then I went to my backyard. It was beautiful weather so I sat there for a while and took out my diary. Yes I keep a diary, it always helps me when I'm upset. So I wrote in my diary -

Dear diary,
I'm feeling horrible, because of what happened yesterday. What did I do to get so much hate? Anyway, so I pretended to be sick today, because I didn't have the energy to face anyone. Lucky for me, mum let me not go to school today. But I keep thinking about what happened yesterday, why do people hate me? Am I that ugly? Am I really a wannabe? I am really trying so hard to push those thoughts to the back of my head. But it's not working. What should I do? Anyways I think that's enough writing for a day.

Aurora xo

After I finished writing in my diary, I went inside and put it in my secret box, where I keep my diary. After I did that, I completed all my homework that was due this week. Just the I remembered, oh no!! It was mum's birthday this Sunday! You see every year on my mum's birthday, I try to hold a surprise birthday party, and I invite all her friends, my aunties and uncles (aka her siblings) and grandma & grandpa. And this year I've been thinking so much about high school I totally forgot. How silly of me, and her birthday is three days away.

I quickly got out a pen and paper and started planning. Usually, since I don't have a driving licence I write out the shopping list and plan, and give the shopping list to my aunty so she can buy everything then I pay her when she brings them. I also usually stay at my aunties house 3 days before the party so we can do everything together. So I called my aunty.

"Hey aunt Mae, it's me Aurora, can you ask mum if I can sleepover at your house until Sunday? Cause of mums party, remember? And I've written down the plan and shopping list." I told aunt Mae.
"Yep sure, I'll call her right away, then I'll pick you up at 4pm today. So quickly pack your bag. But you won't be going to school tomorrow, so don't pack your school uniform. Bye honey, see you soon!" she replied, then hung up.

Straight away I ran into my room and started packing. It was 3:30 pm so I decided to make myself a snack, because I was hungry. I quickly ate it, then headed outside, since it was already 4pm. Aunt Mae's car was already there.
"Hey sweetie, your mum agreed after a lot of convincing, come sit." She told me. I did as she said.

(A/N: sorry this chapter is kinda short, and also sorry for not updating yesterday. Please don't forget to vote and comment. Who ever comments feedback I'll dedicate the next chapter to them, and that's about it. Thanks xx)