side 3

SIDE THREE:

SIDE THREE:

Tatum POV

"I cannot get over how gorgeous you girls are! Even after all this time." Virginia, Dalton's mom gushed as she carried out a pan of lasagna setting it down on the large dining room table. My mouth was practically watering. One thing about Virginia, her WASP-y ass knows how to cook.

I smiled softly knowing that she was referring to the three of us. Not Claudia, she looks forty. But myself, my sister Toryn and her girlfriend Sayria who's drop dead gorgeous. Toryn is bi-sexual and as she identifies heavily leaning towards women. While I'm not, I probably would've dated Sayria too if given the opportunity. She's that pretty.

"Aww thanks Virginia, you're so sweet." Toryn smiled sweetly and it took everything in me not to kick her under the table.

"And you look great too!" Sayria complimented which was so true.

Virginia obviously married very young because she looks more like her sons' older sister than their mother. Or maybe Collin her husband is just significantly older than her. Either way she's eating up all the other suburban moms on the block.

"Sweetie you're too kind. It's the Botox, but thank you anyways." She laughed as began cutting up the lasagna serving up the pieces on plates, beginning to pass them out around the table.

"An extra large piece for me please." I undid the cloth napkin laying it on my lap. I haven't eaten all day in preparation for this moment.

"You know how I feel about excess carbs, but because you have cause to celebrate you get two pieces." Virginia was partially joking but partially serious.

She does indeed have rather traditional values pertaining to how a woman should be. The majority of those are in regards to appearance and have less to do with actual gender roles. More so maintaining a certain diet and beauty regimen in order to maintain one's physique. I personally don't adhere to such standards but it's easier just to let Virginia have her way. There are much more perks to be garnered going that route rather than trying to argue with her. Hence right now, I'm getting two pieces of lasagna because she's proud of me for landing the job with Andrew's campaign.