Untitled Part 1

I finish applying the last bit of makeup over Jade's ripe black eye. "Okay. You're good. Try not to get wet and I would tell you to try not to sweat but you don't ever sweat." Jade looks in the mirror. I can see the pain in her eyes. Although she might look put together at school she is not. She never has been. It all started after our mom died. Before her death Jade was so nice and loving. She wore bright colors and was always smiling and laughing. But after the crash Jade fell apart. Our dad has never really liked either of us. He thinks that our dreams of being actors are stupid. Our mom however understood us and thought that our dreams were great. even though he does not really like either of us, he likes me a little better because I do have other dreams. Like being a psyhologist. Jades heart is set on acting and singing which makes my dad furious. After our mom passed away and Jade kept trying to become an actress our dad lost it. He began hurting her. Hitting her, scratching her, and more. He knew that he would not have to hurt me because it would hurt me enough to watch what Jade went through. I love Jade and Jade loves me (believe it or not). We both stood up and grabbed our bags. "You okay?" I ask. Jade looks in the mirror again "yeah." I give her a hug "it will be okay someday" I say quietly. Jade kisses my forehead and we run out the door before our dad can see us.

We get to school and I take a deep breath. I begin to squeeze Jade's had so tight that she screams. "Ow you are cutting off the circulation in my hand!" Jade says with anger in her voice. I let go of her hand and looked down "sorry" I say in almost a whisper. When we walk into the school I immedetly run to Beck. Even though he is Jade's boyfriend he is like a brother to me. He has been there through everything. One night, a few weeks after our mom passed away, Beck was over. It was night time so Jade decided to get into the shower. I was crying uncontrolably. Beck hear me and came into me room. He sat on my bed with me and held me tight. He allowed me to just cry as much as I wanted to. He has always been so nice to me. When I get to him he holds me tighly in his arms. "What happened" he asked me. I begin to cry "he did it again. He hurt her right in front of me." He kisses my head "shhhh its okay. It will all be okay" Jade comes over and kisses Beck. 'You okay?" I see him mouth to Jade. She nods.

"Hey Jade can you he-" I walk into Jades room but I don't see her. I know for a fact that she is in here. She would'nt be anywhere else. "Jade" I walk farther into her room. Then I hear crying. Jades crying. It is coming from her bathroom. I walk to the door of the bathroom. "Jade" I take a deep breath and open the door. Then I see Jade kneeling on the floor with her razor in her hand about two inches away from her left wrist. I begin to scream "Jade put it down!" I run up behind her and rip the razor out of her hand. I then throw it across the room where it hits the wall and shatters into a million little pieces. Jade then falls into my arms. She begins to cry harder than she was "I wanna die. Karli. I wanna die." Jade is now laying on my lap. I have my arms wrapped around her practically holding her. "I know Jade. I want to die to but we can't. Its would show dad that he wins. We have to show him that we can make it and that we can make it big." She looks up at me "you're right. When did you get so smart." She gives a hint of a smile. I smile back.

It's been about an hour since Jade tried to kill herself and I cant sleep. Typically I would go into Jade's room and we would talk. She really is a great big sister. Hpwever tonight I can't do that. After Jades event, I called Beck and he came over. He is now asleep with Jade in her room. I roll onto my side and I see a picture of my mom, Jade, and I. We were so happy. I really miss that. Tears start streaming down my face adn my pillow becomes soaked and stained with tears. I then hear a knock at my door. I am to upset to answer. I then feel someones hands around me. They are not Jades hands. They are much bigger and more manly. I turn around and see Beck. I lean in so that my head is on his chest. He holds me tight and just lets me cry. He then speaks the words that I am always telling myself "Shhh it will all be okay. Don't Cry............"