International magical cooperation

The final task was months away, and everyone was starting to get restless. Normally, we would have Quidditch to occupy us, but with the season cancelled this year and the pitch apparently out of use, there wasn't much we could do to pass the time.

Fred and George sat down on the sofa next to Harry and I with two thumps, both wearing matching wicked grins.

"So, we've just been down to the pitch-" George announced, looking towards his brother to continue.

"-And there's nothing wrong with it! It's completely normal." Fred was now looking between us with his eyes wide, daring us to catch on.

Angelina took this opportunity to sit on the arm of the sofa beside George, ruffling his hair in greeting. "What are you two getting at?"

"We think we should go down and have a friendly game, keep our skills up to scratch." Fred explained, smirking as he watched George huff in annoyance and try to restyle his hair, eventually throwing a red cushion at Angelina with a smile.

"Yeah, I mean I don't know about you lot, but I miss whacking a ball of solid metal through the air to hit people. You all up for it?" George asked us.

"Don't have to ask me twice. Harry?" I turned to the younger boy who was now sporting a wide grin. "Definitely. I'll grab the map so won't run into any teachers who try and keep us away."

"Good thinking. We might need to round up some more people though." Fred looked around thoughtfully.

"Oi Gin!" The youngest Weasley walked over to us with a scowl, not happy at her brothers interrupting her conversation. Her glare was quickly replaced with a smile once I explained what we were planning, and she agreed to come.

"I'll get Ron to come too." Harry announced as he stood up.

"And I'll grab Katie, she'll want to play." Angelina dodged another pillow attack from George and ran off to get Katie and her broom.

"Let's get our brooms and maybe we can see if Viktor is busy, I'd love to play some Quidditch with a literal professional. We can ask if he can get some of the Durmstrang lot to come, that would be good." I suggested.

"Then we can do mixed teams." Fred agreed, pecking me on the lips quickly before he went off to retrieve his broom alongside George.

Harry led our group of mixed year Gryffindors, clutching the Marauders Map in one hand and his broom in the other. We almost managed to make it out of the main castle until he held out a hand to stop up progressing, putting a finger to his lips as he mimed "McGonagall" against them.

We waited behind the wall, no one daring to breathe a full breath as the unmistakable footsteps of our Head of House walked past. They slowed on the opposite side of the wall, and we all looked between ourselves with wide eyes and with our hearts hammering against our chests.

A moment later, the footsteps resumed and we all sighed in relief. George waved us along, and we headed to the Black Lake where Viktor and his Durmstrang friends had agreed to wait for us.

The wind was inviting as it whipped against my Quidditch robes, sending a cool caress across any part of my skin that was exposed. The grass absorbed our running pace and returned no noise back into the open air, and we stopped when we reach the small group of Bulgarians.

Each of them turned to us when we approached, and without hesitation, they fell into step with us.

We didn't need to worry about being so silent now we were outside, so the boys began introducing themselves to whoever they were walking with.