Chapter 13: Wednesday

Start from the beginning

"Okay that's not what happened" Tom interrupted.

"Are you guys dating now?" Harrison asked.

"No!" Tom and I answered at the same time.

"Oh my god you guys are dating!" Harrison teased.

"If you tell a soul I will shave your head"  I explained.

"Yeah yeah" Harrison said rolling his eyes. "So for when you guys decide to have children I'm thinking of the name John"

"Dude" Tom said to stop Harrison from going any further.

"What? I'm just thinking ahead" Harrison explained.

"I'm not having kids with this weirdo"  I explained.

"Hey don't act like you just didn't say I was better looking than Harry Styles!" Tom responded.

"I don't see it" Harrison said looking at Tom.

"Brown eyes" I explained "he looks like a puppy. It's cute"

"So you guys are dating?" Harrison asked again raising his eyebrows up and down.

"Fine we are but don't tell anyone" I explained.

"My lips are sealed" Harrison said gesturing the action of locking his lips.

"Wait I look like a puppy?" Tom asked confused.

"A little bit" I explained.

"I see it" Harrison added.

"Harrison it's only cute when she says it" Tom explained.

"Yeah but you guys need a third wheel. I volunteer myself" Harrison explained.

"Oh no here comes the rest of your soccer friends" I complained putting my head down on the table.

"Hey Tom why did you leave early yesterday?" I heard one of them ask. I knew that Tom wouldn't tell all of them about my family issues so I waited for him to come up with a dumb excuse.

"His dog got stuck in the washer" I heard Harrison explain. Sometimes I wonder how he's made it this far in life.

"Oh dude that's awesome!" I heard one of the boys respond. Did they actually just believe that? Wow at least they are good at soccer because they don't have a lot going on in the upstairs.

"How do you feel about the game on Friday?" One of the other boys asked.

"Pretty good. Its a hard team so coach wants to keep all of the starters in for as long as possible" Tom explained.

"What if we don't win?" Harrison asked.

"Then we don't go to states" Tom responded.

"I want to go to states. I heard we get to stay at a hotel and we get excused from school for a week!" I heard one of the boys comment.

"That's true" Tom explained "so we have to win" Soon the bell rang and everyone got up.

"I hate soccer boys" I said walking in the halls with Tom and Harrison.

"Ouch" Harrison said.

"Not you guys" I explained "the one that thought Tessa actually got stuck in the washer"

"It's a valid excuse" Tom responded.

"Never mind I hate all soccer boys" I explained sighing.

"Can I break rule number one?" Tom asked.

"No no no no there's people in the hallway" I said walking faster to get away from him.

"Nobody would see!" Tom explained catching up to me along with Harrison.

"What's rule number one?" Harrison asked.

"I can't kiss her in school because she doesn't want people to see" Tom explained.

"Well then people don't have to see. I've got this!" Harrison explained. He opened our locker because he knew the combination. "There" Harrison explained.

"People can still see that" I responded.

"Nope" he said guiding me behind the locker door. "Knock yourselves out love birds" he said walking away. "I'm such a good third wheel" he mumbled to himself while walking away.

"Y/n can I kiss you?" Tom asked.

"On the cheek" I explained.

"Guess I'm breaking a rule then" he explained pressing a kiss on my lips. It was longer than the other ones. The other ones were pecks this was a real kiss. I enjoyed the seconds that his lips were pressed against mine before the bell rang and he pulled away.

"Great we're late now we are going to get a detention" I explained.

"I'm never late" Tom explained "follow me" I followed him down the hallway and into the boys locker room.

"I'm not supposed to be in here" I explained.

"Shh act natural" Tom explained "coach I need a pass!" He said walking into one of the offices.

"Anything for my star player" the coach explained as Tom looked back at me and smirked.

"I need one for her too" Tom explained pointing over to me. I waved shyly.

"Tom what did I say about bringing girls into the guys locker room?" The coach asked.

"Oh um she's just my lab partner. Nothing happened" Tom explained.

"Fine Holland" the coach said handing him two passes.

"Thanks" Tom said walking out of his office. We both walked out of the boys locker room. "See? I'm never late"

"You've brought other girls to the boys locker room?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"That was different. Before I realized I was in love with my best friend" Tom explained.

"Good. No more girls" I responded.

"Wasn't planning on it" he said kissing my forehead.

"Can we go to class now?" I asked.

"Yep but one more thing" Tom explained.

"What?" I asked confused.

"This..." he said pulling me closer to him and kissing me.

"Tom we have to go to class!" I said pulling away from him.

"I just want to kiss you" Tom pouted.

"Wait until after school!" I explained.

"You're coming over after school again?" Tom asked.

"Yeah there's no way I'm going back to my own house" I explained.

"Yay! I'll see you later then" he said giving me one last kiss on my forehead before walking away.