Chapter 6. Uphill then gutter.

Start from the beginning

"I Am well aware of their importance, but this is a mission granted to us by the Gods, so we can't fail!"

"Yes, I understand, but... Sigh. You may take one."

"...Father, we will need three. This beast is a being that is so dangerous that the Queen of Gods had her eyes on it."

"You will have one and that is final and now go, I need to work. !"

The prince bowed and left with his companions.

Damn, I am lucky to be one of the guards today, to see the prince go on an epic quest, like a true hero!

But I wonder what this threat that makes the prince receive a message from the Gods?

*****

"Achoo!"

Damn, did I get a cold?

I was sitting at one of the tables of the canteen eating my breakfast.

While I was looking outside waiters with my drink.

"Sorry for the wait, here is your apple juice. Can I get you anything else?"

"No thank you, that will be all."

Will she was walking away I used one of my tricks on her.

[Appraisal].

A blue transparent scream appeared behind her back.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Name: Stellas Morsa

Race: human

Age: 20

Job: Waitress

LV: 10/1000

HP: 50/50

MP: 20/20

STR: 10

VIT: 19

SPD: 20

MRES: 5

Skill PT: 0

Skills: [Cooking, LV:5] [Cleaning, LV:4] Innkeeping, LV:4] [Drinking, LV: 3]

Value: 21 Gold coin

Wish: Having more free time.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yep, I started to use [Appraisal] when I had the chance. Thanks to it I was able to see the abilities and the worth of a person as I was reading an ID card. When I used it on myself my eyes changed back to those of my demon form, so I made sure no one saw me when I used it. Sadly, in this city, I couldn't find any sunglasses only regular ones. Maybe in the future, I will ask a blacksmith to make one of me, but I will need money for now.

I'm totally out of cash. I used them all up when I bought more ingredients for my newest concoction.

I made a deal with the one who checks the inventory to sell me some rare ingredients without them being on the list. I didn't want to others known about it, because what I was making is considered a rare beverage. It was called The Rose, a sleeping agent that could take effect in the second it is drunk. Whoever drinks this it will automatically KO it.

But why do I need this?

Well, that's an easy question. In one of the books that I read in the library, I learned more about Mind Palaces. Turns out everyone has one, each unique on their own, and are a direct representation of one's mind. If someone enters one's mind, the Mind Palace is the first line of defense. A normal human being has a familiar place as its mind palace, providing some protection.