𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

Start from the beginning

"You can do this Arwen, focus. Breathe in and out." I tell myself squeezing my eyes shut to sort out my thoughts. I take another deep breath in before I jog out of the room and get to the backstage area. Lola and Kyle are already standing beside each other the red curtain the only thing seperating them from the stage.

"Are we next?" I breathe out when I reach them and Lola nods while Kyle shoots me a look. "Everyting sorted out?" He asks me and I cringe because I really want to avoid a talk like this. My eyes focus themselve on the stage where a moderator is saying our names. "As sourted out as it can be." I say before a smile makes it's way on my lips and we step out onto the stage.

A small desk is put right in front of the stage with three people sitting in front of it. The judges. I walk over to the microphone and get it down to my height before Kyle starts with the tact by clapping his sticks against each other. Lola starts to strum the sides of her guitar and I nod my head to the beat as euphoria starts to flow through my veins. This is why I'm here, to sing, to make music.

"Why are you looking at me like I am the one supposed to say something? I can't tell you how to feel. It's your heart on the line so don't let it get loose while you make up a cheap excuse." I sing the first verse into the mic the lights flying over the stage beautifully while I dive into another world.

"I know that you leave me every night to visit her. We're living in a repeating circle stuck forever in the love we never had but always wanted. The love we never had but always wanted." I pour my heart out while my hair whips around me.

"So pack up your things and leave. Live a life you never wanted and let me go. Let me go off your strings so I can be free. The back and forth is proving that you can't stay the neighbours angry at us for screaming every night. So pack up your things and leave.

Leave the love we never had but always wanted." I take a step back with those words and let Lola get into her solo. My eyes wander over the crowd and just as fate wanted I meet familiar eyes gazing up at me. His hands are pushed into his jean pockets while he leans against a pole that's stabilizing the room and it's like my breath is non existent anymore.

His eyes stare directly into mine and what I see in them scares me shitless. Lola's solo comes to a finish and I raise the mic back to my lips and I start to sing without even realizing it. Kyle stops playing through the bridge while Lola's strings get soft and calm.

"But maybe if we tried. Tried for real this time letting everything that was lay in the past.

What if we turn our love that we never had but always wanted into a love that we always had but never wanted." I immediately see the confused glance that Klyle and Lola share because that are not the original lyrics to our song. I needed to change it, it was burning on my soul.

Nevertheless Lola plays the last tones and I sing the last original sentence.

"A love that we never had but always wanted." I finish quietly my eyes on Timothée's face. The mic sinks down and my chest rises and falls quickly before the crowd interrupts into lowd cheering. Kyle is suddenly by my side as he puts one arm around me and one around Lola grinning at the crowd before he bows taking us both with him.

A relieved laugh bubbles out of my throat and Kyle grins even more before we jog behind the stage to get to the backstage area. "That was amazing!" Kyle cheers and grabs my cheeks in his hands squeezes them together while he looks at me.

"You just changed the lyrics on stage Arwen. You're literally the goddess of music. It fitted perfectly." He tells me giddy and I laugh before I put my hands on his wrists and pull them down so he stops squishing my face. "Thank you the lyrics came just flying down to me."