𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐈.

"Are you serious Arwen?" Lola growls and I sigh frustrated because I knew she'd react like this.

"We have one week until our gig you know that?" Kyle backs her up and I cringe at his reproach.

"I know. You don't have to tell me it's not like I'm not trying to write." I say while I put my bag down on the grass.

We decided to meet up during lunch to discuss our gig and I needed to dump Lucy for this.

I'd rather sit with her at the tables enjoying the few moments the sun decided to come out and greet us.

"Than you need to try harder Arwen. We can't show up next week with the same old songs." Lola says a murderous look on her face.

I can understand her anger she's put her whole life into our band and she can't afford to not get something back from it.

"I'm sorry okay. So much happened these last weeks my heads been up somewhere and I can't seem to focus on the important things." I say looking at the gras underneath me playing with the moving blades.

"We still have a bit time. Maybe you need to cool off a bit. Try to do things that inspire you." Kyle says giving me an encouraging smile and I look at him thankfully.

Even though I can understand Lola she's always harsh with her words.
Writing a song isn't something planned. I just let my feelings take the lead but now I have so many of them inside of me that I can't pick one out.

Worry because of my mom, stress because of school, tension because of my dad wanting me to go to college and study something I don't want and lastly guilt.

The guilt is unbearable and even though I told Lucy about what happened at the lake it's still weighing my shoulders down.

Timothée acts like nothing happened and slowly I start to believe it.
The vacation at the cottage feels like a fever dream and I don't know anymore if I just imagined the kiss.

"Maybe you're right. I promise you'll have your songs next week." I tell him and I divert my eyes back to Lola looking at her intensely.
"The band means everything to me I'm not going to let a stupid writers block or whatever this is hinder us from doing the best performance we can."

My words are doing their job and the tense look in her face relaxes.
She gives me a grim smile and nods after a few seconds.

I grin and put my arms around her neck pressing a kiss to her cheek.
She makes a disgusted face but I know she doesn't mean it.

"If this is settled I'm going to look for Lucy I have a history exam in one hour and know nothing about Charles the II." I say while I get up from the grass and grab my bag.

"Good luck." Kyle wishes me and I smile making my way towards the tables outside.

"Don't forget to write!" Lola yells after me and I chuckle.

"I won't!" I yell back before I see Lucy sitting at a table waving me over.
I quickly rush over to her sitting down.

"Ready for our date?" She asks me as I sit down making me look at her questioningly.
"Date?"

"With Charles the II." She chuckles at the face I make and I roll my eyes. She scared me to death for a second.

"Not really I tried to study I really did but I don't think anything of that is still in my head. I'm going to fail miserably." I tell her while my eyes move to someone behind her.