Chapter 21 - It was always you (Happy 5th Anniversary EDKV)

Start from the beginning

We came back to our home clothes, dad came by, "Shravan, how are you?"

"you know dad, I am actually very relieved now"

"do you remember everything?"

"yes, the accident, Sumo everything"

"How can I let you go to her, she was with you during that accident, and she was the one who was driving the car, I know you two were best of friends but I couldn't slide the fact that she came out alright from the accident and you suffered so much"

"Dad, I want you to know, the accident was not her fault, it was just an accident! She didn't mean to hurt anyone. Do you realize what kind of trauma she went through all these years? And when I came back she didn't even tell me that I was her friend! She took all that pain, of my wedding, of losing her best friend to herself and didn't utter a single word!"

"yes, after the accident, I never really kept an update of what happened to her as I wanted to see you alright"

"Dad, I know that and I am alright now, and I want you to end this negativity with tiwaris, what happened is past now, and you must know there are now two love stories that connect the two families"

"two love stories? What do you mean?"

"Preeti and Pushkar, I bet you didn't know about them"

"well, I didn't and I guess you are right, we must patch up with them. If that's what you want"

"let it slide dad, for once, for us?"

He nodded and left. I know he wouldn't go around this easily but he is willing to just for us and that is enough. It will be hard but we will go through it.

It was time, to call her and tell her what happened. But a call won't be enough.

"hey, what is going on Shravan?"

"Sumo, I want you to tell something, meet me at the café where we used to meet always, our place"

"at this hour? The café must be closed by now"

"you don't need to worry about it, just come."

Suman 

What the hell, wasn't he marrying Ria today? What did the hell happen? You know right now I can just call Pushkar and ask him the full story but this sounds serious so it's better that I ask from Shravan. I reached the café in half an hour, it was around 11 pm. No one was around and the café seemed to close in a few minutes.

Shravan was waiting with a bouquet of orchids in his hand. I came into the café,

"Shravan, what the hell happened?"

"Sumo, I need you to listen to me carefully now."

The waiter interrupted, "sir, the café is closing in 10 minutes, we can't keep it open for long, you know how the new COVID guidelines are!"

"Just give us 10 minutes, we will be out soon and yeah 2 café latte would be nice"

He went away.

"Sumo, I want to thank you for giving me the ride that day on sangeet, that moment at the car when you showed me this café bought all the memories that vanished after my accident"

"what, you remember everything?"

"yes!"

"Even the part that even I was in the car with you when it happened? Shravan it was all my fault I should have been more careful!"

"no it's not, it was a freaking accident, now just forget about it, won't you want to know why I called you that day at the café?"

"Shravan you don't know how badly I want to know that, I have been waiting for that since you left for the US!"