Part 2: Athena Creed

Athena's POV.

Athena Victory Creed, that's my name. "What's my REAL mother's name?"

"According to the agency said her name is Hazel Aphrodite." mom answers.

I nod slowly, "Fuck you Mr and Mrs Lain." I walk out and into my room.

Slamming the door, I drag my two suitcases, my backpack, and my long strapped purse out from under my bed.

"Athena?! Athena! What are you doing?" I hear Mr. Lain ask me through the door.

"Fuck all of you!" I yell.

I pack all of my clothes in one suitcase, all my makeup and hair things in my backpack, and some other essentials in my purse.

"Athena, please, let's talk about this." Mrs. Lain calls.

"No!"

My packing is almost finished when I get a call from my best friend. Sapphire.

"Fire? Is there any way you can get here in 2 minutes?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?! What's wrong, A?" Sapphire asks using my nickname.

"I'll explain when you get here, but please be quick."

"I'm already in my car, be there in less than a minute."

"Okay." we hang up. I knew that she was fast and would definitely be here soon.

As I reach for my backpack, I get a strange feeling and everything suddenly becomes louder... more vivid. I can hear exactly what the Lain's are saying outside, I can hear birds chirping outside my closed window, and I can hear the boys' video game from downstairs.

What the hell?!

That's when I notice my finger nails. They got longer! And sharper!

I gasp and close my eyes before rubbing my head. Sitting down, I curl into a ball and hope that the pain will soon disappear.

Then I hear Sapphire's car from outside, I had to go now!

Standing up, I grab everything, but have to stop before barging out. There was something I almost forgot.

I remove all my blankets and pillows off my bed to find it.

My stuffed Angel bear. The first toy I ever bought myself. It was special and I wasn't about to leave it!

I stuff Angel Bear into my purse before barging out.

Mr and Mrs Lain try to stop me, but I don't budge. "Athena please! Let us explain!" Mrs. Lain begs.

"There's nothing to explain. You've all treated me like a second class citizen, and just now you tell me I'm adopted?! I'm 16 years old!" I nearly bust down the front door getting outside.

I run to Sapphire's car, throw my shit in the back, and get in the passenger side. "Drive as fast as you possibly can out of this damned town." I tell Fire.

"Got it, boss." Fire says before stepping on the gas.

In less than a minute, Mr and Mrs Lain are out of view and I immediately relax.

"So what's going on?" Fire asks. "Why is all your stuff in the back?"

"They lied to me... I'm not their daughter... I'm not even family!" I say outraged.

"What?!"

"I'm adopted."

"Then... what's... what's your real name?"

"Athena Creed."