Nandini's Accident

Mulai dari awal

Everything was blurred in front of him. He know that it's not just because of the rain but his tears had blurred his vision. He felt as a failure again and always Nandini won over him and won him too. He wanted to stop her and tell how much he loves her still. He wasn't sure if she forgives him but he wanted to hug her for at least one last time. He craved for her love since months. He know how hard it was to live without her. His chain of thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a loud shriek of her. Blood spilled all over his face and his white shirt but washed away due to heavy downpour.

A thud sound was heard before he could realize what happened and Nandini fell on the ground lifeless, in a pool of blood. He ran to her within no time and didn't understood what to do. He took out his phone but it got wet and stopped working. He could see no one on the road due to the fog. It was around 8:30 pm in the night. All the others were in party in the house. Manik and Nandini were alone on the road. She laid unconscious in his arms and he went unheard to anyone as it was thundering.

"Nandini, I love you, please wake up" he cried. He shook her again and again hoping her to get into conciousness. He didn't waste a minute after he realized that it's getting late and he rushed taking her into his arms and lift her. He ran into the house as he didn't know where he left his keys. He constantly called out her name in a hope that she would answer but everytime he was disappointed.

The soothing sounds inside the house brought a romantic mood for the love birds. They lost in each other and celebrated their love. Thunders and lightning only added as the extra ingredients of their romance. Who knows that it was a silence before a storm. Manik felt like a lost kid and stood at the entrance with Nandini and waited for someone to help him.

Aryaman came out as he got a phone call and was about to leave from there. Manik saw him but his voice went unheard due to the noise of the music. Sanju, who came there searching for him saw Manik at the entrance. "Dr. Manik" she said to Aryaman and he turned back. They didn't see Nandini till they go near him. Manik tried to come in and Aryaman called Nandini as he saw her.

"Please help" that was all he could manage to speak. "Kya hua Nandini ko?" Aryaman asked. Manik didn't answer and Sanju went inside to call everyone. They came within no time as and Mukti came there to see her. "Bahut blood loss hua hai, let's take her to hospital" she said and Abhimanyu took his car out. Manik sat back with Nandini and was trying to wake her up and called her name.

"Manik, we'll have to get her into conciousness, the wound should not reach her brain, and try to stop blood loss" she said hastily. In a minute, Mukti understood that Manik didn't listen to her but still tried hard to wake her up. His efforts didn't go in vain as she opened eyes. "Nandini, are you fine?" Manik asked. "Bahut dard ho raha hai" she said and he hugged her and cried vulnerably. "Tumhe kuch nahi hoga, I will not let anything happened to you, I love you Nandini, I love you so much" he said.

Mukti and Abhimanyu were surprised to listen to Manik and Nandini. "Utho Nandini, please wake up don't close your eyes, you want to slap me, say yes please say yes, talk something, please say something. Don't close your eyes" he pleaded her. "I love you and I can't live without you. This is all because of me. Why did you come to me?" he asked to keep her engaged as she keeps closing her eyes. He shook her continuously. "Manik" she held his shirt. "I hate you" she said with tears in her eyes. "Yes I deserve it but please don't leave me, I can't live without you" he cried like a baby.

"Abhimanyu, please go faster" Mukti said. Aryaman, Cabir, Sanju, Navya and Alya started to hospital. Manik talked to her continuously. "I don't want to die Manik, please save me" she said. "Shh tumhe kuch nahi hoga, I'm there" he said and they reached hospital. Manik carried her inside and found a stretcher. Mukti walked inside. "Nandini, please be concious, don't sleep" she said to Nandini.

"She needs blood transfusion ASAP Abhimanyu, arrange for it" she said and took her into OT. She held his hand tightly and didn't let him go. Manik stopped near the entrance and stood there. "Manik" she said before Mukti took her inside and he was left behind. Everything was blank for Manik and his world came crashing down as he saw her like that. He sat on the ground barefoot while her blood marks were all over his shirt.

Others reached the hospital and were informed that Nandini is in OT. Abhimanyu told them that she needs blood as soon as possible. "Nandini ka blood group O positive hai, and she's a match with me" Navya said. "That's great" he said and Cabir came out to help Navya. Aryaman helped Mukti inside. Abhimanyu stayed back with Manik. "Ye sab kaise hua Manik?" he asked but Manik didn't respond. Alya saw wound on his hand. "This needs to be dressed" she said to him and Manik pulled out his hand from her and didn't talk anything.

Abhimanyu and Alya looked at each other. "Manik and Nandini?" Abhimanyu said doubtfully. "They were in love" Alya confirmed him. Navya and Cabir were shocked to core as they heard Alya. Navya gave her blood sample for routine test and came back and heard Alya. "What?" they exclaimed. "Yes they had already broke up and that's why Manik left Mumbai" she said to them.

"Manik" Nandini took his name many times. "Ma'am, she is sinking" Aryaman said worried. "Yes, try to stabilize her, give her atropine 1 mg" Mukti said. Manik saw her through the glass walls of the OT and was dying in guilt as he saw her condition. Sudden epileptic seizure attack made her condition worse due to anemia. Abhimanyu and Alya were moved seeing Manik wither in pain. "Manik ko kya ho raha hai? Why is he not talking to anyone?" Alya broke out in tears. Abhimanyu calmed her down.

"Sometimes, sad endings are way better than never ending sadness" he said.