Nandini's Accident

Start from the beginning

"Leave me" she said. "Gir jaogi" Manik warned her. "That doesn't hurt me, you are hurting me" she said. He made her stand and her words caused pain to him. "Go away" he said to her and turned aside. She tried to say something but he had hit the cement bench beside him to stop her. She is scared of him and then saw blood dripping from his knuckles.

"Manik blood!" she said and took his handkerchief and tied it like a bandage even when he didn't let her touch him. "There was a time, when you waited for me, there was a time when you loved me, everything was beautiful in my life" she tied it and he didn't resist as she spoke. "2 years, you said you waited for me since 2 years but its hardly not more than 2 months we were together" she smiled sarcastically.

"Why did you return here? Why can't you really just go away from my life! I was happy when you're not here. Maine khud ko bahut samjhaya that's it's over, we being together was a dream for me then, which has now become a nightmare" she said with tears. "But still I'm happy that you decided to move on and let me move on in my life, thanks to you to push me away from you, I can't imagine my life with someone who never loved me" she said and turned back to leave.

He held her wrist and pulled her back. "What did you just say? Do you really think I never loved you?" Manik asked her and he felt the cool breeze and suddenly it started to rain. "Ye baarish mujhe tumhari yaad dilati hai, the nights remind me of your eyes, the mornings they're like your innocence who doesn't know what the day has in store for me. Hundreds of times I felt like losing myself in your eyes and thousands of times I imagined you to hug me. Lag jaa gale gaana tho lakhon baar khaano mein gun guna raha tha, yaha tumhare paas chacha chachi hai, tumhare friends hai, busy rakhne ke liye tumhara job hai. But I, was alone. Like always, away from everyone, away from me" Nandini couldn't see his tears due to heavy rain but she could feel his tears.

The droplets of rain hit them forcefully and within few minutes the road was deserted and they could see no vehicles until they pass by them. The sudden unseasonal rain fall was just like them, unpredictable and extreme. "It's because of you, I left. I thought everything will set right if I leave from here but my bad luck mom is now suffering from arrythemia. I don't even know about her. I was a failure as a son, for you I'm not even existent because you have a new life now, you got what all you wanted. Career, jaise tumhe pasand hai, marriage, jab tum haa kahogi, friends jo tumhara ek baat pe jaan dene wale. What do I have?" Manik said hopelessly.

"I wonder how could you still blame me for your mistakes? I never asked you to leave from here, I never created a rift between your parents and you. Moreover I was the one who got blamed because of you leaving suddenly. Why did you leave? Aunty ki haalat itni kharab thi ki wo hospital admit karna pada, you always want to protect Alya, but you disappeared when she needed you the most. She had a trauma attack. She became phobic to people around her. It was Dhruv who helped her in the situation. You left me, Alya and aunty uncle. All you thought about is just about yourself. Your love, your life, your ego and your pride. We all really mean nothing to you" she accused him.

"Yes, it's my mistake" Manik had to accept and finally answered himself. He wanted to confess the truth to himself that it was his mistake to leave everything and ran away from the circumstances like a coward. "Tumne dhoka diya, sirf mujhe nahi, Alya ko aunty uncle ko aur tum khud ko bhi dhoka diya, I hate you for who you are! I feel pity on me for falling for a guy like you. I accept that I never publicly accepted that I was in love with you but now I feel proud that I will never have to do that again. I hate you Mr. Manik Malhotra, agar meri wish poora ho jaye tho life mein kabhi tumhara chehra bhi mujhe nahi dekhna hai" she said as she cried hard. Never in her life she imagined that she will feel cheated like this. She slapped him hard on his right cheek and Manik was shocked. "This is not because you left me, this is for coming into my life" Manik never saw her this angry and wild ever before. He felt he deserved such backlash from her but didn't expect that her reaction from her.