Chapter Seven~ Missing

Start bij het begin

It's too much. Too much! TOO MUCH!

I immediately sprinted into action, noticing how Cassian was ahead of me, having noticed her panic before me. With a growl, I urge myself to become faster. Get to your mate! Get to your mate! Get to your mate! Get. To. Your. Mate!

She took to the skies, her magnificent wings catching the light, seizing the talon at the apex of the membrane. It was an effort to take off without hurting the bystanders. Y/N was in the sky, wings thrashing hard when I finally found a clearing. Pushing past people, Cassian and I were in the sky on her heels. I heard a strangled sob break from her mouth. 

Too much! Get away! Breath, try and breathe. No, they'll take your wings! It's Cas and Azriel they won't hurt you. YES, THEY WILL! 

Memories that weren't mine flooded my brain, moments of pure terror and helplessness. Her thoughts rattled in my mind, the rising panic in both of us made things worse. I knew it was only a matter of time before her power shred through us. 

"Y/N!" I yelled, my voice straining from panic. 

She went faster, her wings slicing through the sky as she tried to get away from us. This is bad, this is really bad. I barely register Cassian's swear as we got close enough to grab her. As my hand wrapped around her arm, I barely had the chance to tuck her into my chest when she erupted. She cocooned herself in a ball of shadow and darkness. The beautiful hues of her powers had long since dissipated and were now replaced by endless black.  Void of color and happiness. It was closing in on her as she sobbed to herself. The ball of power kept her upright as she curled into herself. 

Y/N's power would shrink in on her, creating a protective armor around her each time we got closer. The screams of Y/N were full of pain and misery. I was starting to panic when Rhysand and Feryre came flying over. 

"What's going on?" Asked Rhysand. His wings beating in time with the thunder of my heart. His mate close behind. 

"I know what this is.." She gasped, her blue-grey eyes distant and sad. Feyre went to touch the darkness, not knowing the unstable state in which my mate was in. I was going to pull her away, but Rhysand was quicker. His arms wrapped around her as Y/N's shadows closed in on her once more. She let out yet another strangled sob, one that was weaker than the rest as I notice her lips turning blue and her eyes drooping.

"She is suffocating herself!" I roar, growing wild and frantic. The need to save my mate tearing me to shreds. 

I NEED TO GET AWAY. 

I'LL HURT THEM

LEAVE!

LEAVE!

Leave!

The silence was sudden. Y/N disappeared right before us. Her screaming, emotions, and thoughts went with her. The mating bond was silent. I could barely hear Cassian through the sound of my blood roaring through my ears. 

"What the hell Az!" Cassian shoved me, my wings flapping frantically to steady myself before I fell the 200-meter drop. 

I stood there, staring at the black spot as if she was still there. I ignored the bond, I ignored her, I let this happen. Guilt ate away at me. I let my own fucking self-pity get in the way. I pushed my mate away!

"Cassian. Stay calm. He might not know." Rhysand said, his voice was stern. The voice of a High Lord. 

"Oh but he noticed, all of you noticed, that she was withering away day by day. And none of you did anything!" Cassian seethed through his clenched teeth. I was frozen, frantically searching through the bond for my mate. Nothing.