Chapter Twenty four: The plan

The image of Peter being alone and hurt goes through my head like a bullet.

My tears drop like a waterfall. I've never felt more upset.
"You can't hurt him! Please just let me go! Take my life not his!"
I yell
He walks over to me and tilts my head up with his finger
"You've gone soft it's disgusting"
I calm my self down as he circles me

"You do know that I will never.. ever.. stop fighting you. As long- as long as you're in this business I will always fight you"
"My partner was going to get a lot of equipment for some new tech. The kid ruined it"
He says ignoring what I had just said
"Why are you even needing that tech. Why are you helping those fools"
"My powers draining Veronica. I need those weapons or else soon I might be defenseless"
"Good"
I say loudly and he slaps me.

"Peter is just going to fight you and your minions. Just how I'm gonna fight and how mom fought you."
He stops walking around as I say that
"Do not bring up your mother you imbecile of a child!"
"It's true and you know it is!"
Then quietly I say
"Nobody loves you for who you are"

Then he makes one of his infamous.. what I like to call a ring of fire around me.
"I'm done here. I've got a spider to squash and some weapons to make"
He says walking out

The circle is big so i practice my old self defense classes to get out of the ties. I grab my phone and call 911 again

I explain to them what's going on and where I am and that they need to send the heavy duty people after my father.

Once I'm out of the building I get a car and drive to the school. I walk in and look around. Then I spot Liz and the girls.
I want to tell her the truth about her dad but now not the time
"Wheres Peter. Where's Ned"
I ask before they can even say hi
"Uh we don't know.. but where have you been?"
Liz says then Betty adds
"You look great"

"Peter ran out and Ned followed him. Pretty sure they both left"
MJ says coming out of nowhere.

I nod and start to walk away
"You're not going to stay?"
Liz asks and I just keep walking.

I run down the hall to the door and see a bunch of turned over busses.

Worryingly I look down the hall. As I'm walking down the hall going back to the front door to go back in my car I see some computers on in the computer room. Maybe it's a teacher. Hopefully it's a teacher.

I look in the room and see Ned. This is even better

"Ned"
I say and walk to him
"Peter told me what your plan was-"
He starts to say but I interrupt him
"That was a lie. Yes I was put up to 'distract' Peter but I am actually like head over heels for him now. My father is a bad guy and I need to stop him before he hurts Peter. I swear I only want to help and if you don't believe me, let me help. Then call the cops"

"Woah.. your dad is a bad guy?"
Ned says closing his laptop and turning to me
"Yes. So can you give me any info you have to where Peter might be..?"