"No fair!!" Nobara screams, running with the rest but then she stops and sees Kei left behind.

"Kei, are you coming.."

"Kei-kun.." Another girl's voice is heard next to Kei.

"Mai." Kei jumps at her words as she walks up to him, who stares back. She exited out of the elders' room and met up with the crush of hers.

Nobara growls, running back to her boyfriend's side,

"Scram, Mei! Don't you see we got some plans to do."

Mai doesn't respond to the girl with insults.

"What's wrong, Mai?" Kei asked, seeing the girl so sad. She has her hand holding onto another, looking down in embarrassment.

"Kugisaki, could you give Kei and I a moment.."

"The hell I will!" She cuts her off but Mai speaks up once more,

"I won't do anything. All I just wanted to do was..apologize."

Both Nobara and Kei's eyes shot up at that.

"Apologize?"

They said in unison and Mai sighs in agreement.

"Yes. For everything that happened.."

Nobara puts her guard down and Kei puts a hand over her,

"Nobara, don't worry. I'll be fine," He says to her, "I'll follow behind in a little, okay?"

She looks into his eyes, nothing suspicious of the sort. She huffs and nods at him. She doesn't leave without a kiss, so she leans down to kiss him. He kisses back before she leaves.

She points fingers at her own eyes then at Mai.

"I'm watching you.."

Mai looks at her leave and then she looks at Kei with sorrow,

"Kei, I want to apologize to you," Mai says, "I've been thinking about our little spat and you were right. I shouldn't have agreed on the marriage and I was acting like things would be alright if we were to, but I was so wrong."

He interrupts her for a bit. His hand pressed against his chest,

"Mai, I'm sorry too." He admits and Mai looks at him confused. "I was so angry over the whole thing and put all my anger towards you. I know you had no control and you tried to see the silver lining in it all. You were trying to lessen the tension and I'm sorry I didn't see it that way."

Mai looks down to her feet,

"I mean, don't get me wrong. I still have feelings for you, Kei and there was a small hope in me that I could change your mind," She thinks of Nobara kissing Kei,

"But I can see you're so in love with someone else..and that's okay. If you're truly happy, even if it's not with me, that's good enough for me."

Kei sighs, "Mai, I still want to be your friend. Just because I don't see you that way doesn't mean your back to square one of no one caring for you," He continues with a smile on his face,

"I still want to be there for you when you need it. Maki does too!"

"Really, you still want to be my friend after all this?"

"Of course, yeah." He affirms and her frown turns to a small smile. She chuckles a bit,

"Then I would be happy to be friends." She says and the two reach out their hands together, shaking them as a sign of acknowledgment.