Chapter 21: We're Going To Need You.

Start from the beginning

                “I don’t think so. I just love the view.” He grinned, peeking down my sports bra and back to me.

                “Perv.” I let go of his hands and pushed up on his chest.

We stood up and I thought I was going to fall over. All of my adrenalin was almost gone.

                He grabbed my hand, leading me out of the house gym and up the stairs. “There’s still time for a shower.” He teased.

                I smiled and stood on my toes to leave a kiss on his lips.

                It was rare we got left alone and of course Noah always found a way to use the time wisely. And when we did get alone time, it was interrupted. But I have at least another hour before I have to go pick Alex up from his friends. As for Noah’s parent’s, his mom is working and Leo left this morning on another business trip to San Francisco. I will never get over his dad walking in on us. Even though we weren’t doing anything, it was still embarrassing.

                I do anything to keep my mind of tonight. Of course I’m worried, even scared. Having Noah with me may help, but it may also put both of us in danger. And that’s the last thing I wanted to do for Noah. Put him in more danger when I want to keep him out of it.

                Noah turned on the shower water and got in before I did. I took my hair out of the ponytail after I got undressed. I stepped into the shower, the warm water hitting my tense muscles, relaxing them. Noah’s hands were on my shoulders, his lips dangerously close to my jaw. He left a sweet kiss on my cheek and gathered me in his arms. “We should run away.” He muttered against my cheek.

                “That’s the third time you’ve said that this week.” I laughed.

                “Because I really want to.”

I turned in his arms, snaking mine around his torso and hugging him close. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders again. “And where would we go?”

                “How do you feel about snow?” He raised a brow.

It took everything not to burst out laughing. “I don’t like the cold.”

                “What about Florida? It’s kind of like California. Or at least the weather is.”

These simple conversations are everything. “What about Georgia?”

                “You would run away to Georgia with me?”

I nodded without hesitation. “But after I graduate.”

                “I’ll take what I can get.” He pressed a kiss to my lips. “I’m just glad you gave me an answer.”

                “I didn’t know you were serious.”

He backed me up a little so my hair ran under the water. “Not something I would joke about.”

I turned around and he started lathering my hair up with shampoo. Something he told me was soothing to him. I couldn’t complain because it felt amazing. “I feel like we’re an old married couple.” I closed my eyes because the pleasure was real.

He chuckled behind me. “Because I’m washing your hair?”

                “Because you actually enjoy it.” I joined in on his laughter.

His fingers ran over my scalp and I bit back a moan. “Do you think my dad helps my mom?”

                “Noah! Gross.”